JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jehovah created in us the capacity to enjoy things....

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1916 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Gregexplore said:

Alan, google: What is the coffee capital of the world?

Wow Greg.. you have been assimilated..

2. Melbourne

"The coffee culture in Melbourne is just incredible," says reigning World Barista Champion Pete Licata, from the United States. Coffee is such an integral part of the Melbourne lifestyle that the city even hosts an annual coffee expo.

I don't even know what piccolo latte is!

I don't buy coffee out but i know what i like at home...

BTW.. what is the donut 🍩capital.. Melbourne?

9 hours ago, Alan said:

Wow Greg.. you have been assimilated..

2. Melbourne

"The coffee culture in Melbourne is just incredible," says reigning World Barista Champion Pete Licata, from the United States. Coffee is such an integral part of the Melbourne lifestyle that the city even hosts an annual coffee expo.

I don't even know what piccolo latte is!

I don't buy coffee out but i know what i like at home...

BTW.. what is the donut 🍩capital.. Melbourne?

Alan, I found this..

Accordingly to Yelp!,Boston, Massachusetts is the U.S. city with the most doughnut shops per capita with about 1 doughnut shop per 2,400 persons. In a close second is Long Beach, California followed byDallas, Texas,Sacramento, California and Fort Worth, Texas.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Just now, Gregexplore said:

Alan, I found this..

Accordingly to Yelp!,Boston, Massachusetts is the U.S. city with the most doughnut shops per capita with about 1 doughnut shop per 2,400 persons. In a close second is Long Beach, California followed byDallas, Texas,Sacramento, California and Fort Worth, Texas.

I wonder what the congregation is like and is the need greater there :) 🍩

no ulterior motive, you understand but if they need help...

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:26 AM, Friends just call me Ross said:

Watching the sun rise and set.  Never tiring because each time is so incredibly beautiful and unique. 

Being around horses.  There is a connection there, a transfer of peace and serenity,

that I shall never grow weary of experiencing.

Camping outdoors and cooking and sitting around a crackling fire, calling in and communing

with the owls...will always bring a warm smile to my face.

Being among the friends.  Jehovah's people are such a fun-loving lot!!! LOL  

This message board is no exception...well...perhaps there may be one...or two 680833235_LaughingCrackup.gif.35e4cc499046e51baa4cc2a0d70c87d8.gif 

j.k. 1766648912_YESGrinning.gif.50048a59e48aa104e3411adc7bea69b9.gif

I will NEVER grow weary of being perfectly healthy.  Won't miss all the aches and pains and prescriptions and bad eyesight one teensy weensy little bit...ever! 1715555714_Nogrinning.gif.46312873d699249210ec44140dd4ce4f.gif 

Thanking and praising our Great God, Jehovah.  Requires no prompting and no effort what-so-ever.  As Revelation so aptly says, he is both worthy and deserving of our eternal praise and thanks.  Come to think of it, it will take an eternity to praise and thank him for all the wondrous things he has done for us, and all that he promises he will continue to do. cheerful.gif.fbfe742b84687ad2650b2caa56256087.gif

Yup!  Pretty exciting times lay just ahead! 108638930_Happyexcited.GIF.53db99d0eb63ddcfbfb092ef0fc7b86f.GIF

Yup!

As I posted - Ecclesiastes 3:10-13 involves some pretty exciting things we will be able to learn!

For me, not just sunrises, clouds, etc - but also astronomy - looking at the stars and contemplating the exciting times ahead when Milky Way and Andromeda will be merging.

I can/can't imagine how our night sky will change - certainly exciting, not boring.   And researching this is also exciting to me!

For example, considering Andromeda galaxy which is the furthest we can see with the naked eye:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101996043?q=andromeda&p=par

Excerpt:

"We began this evening with a look at our January night sky and quickly discovered not only heart-stopping beauty but also questions and mysteries that pertain to the very nature and origin of the universe. How did it begin? How did it arrive at its present stage of complexity? What will happen to the celestial wonders that surround us? Can anybody say? Let us see."

And what will happen to Milky Way and Andromeda?   Not only will Andromeda be more visible in time - but also in c. 5 billion years [some say 3.75 billion years] our galaxy will begin merging/interacting with Andromeda:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda–Milky_Way_collision

Yes, many astronomers are prophets of doom - but not us - we know better!

Some think a near miss.   Either way, stars are so far apart that stellar collisions will be exceedingly rare.

On the lighter side, the resulting new galaxy has been called: Milkomeda!

I can't wait to see the changes in our night sky!