JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jehovah created in us the capacity to enjoy things....

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1890 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

More than once..

What a loving father we have.... For instance, there are some meals that I could really enjoy any day, even though I do like change and variety. There ares songs or music i have heard literally thousands of times and 'still' get a buzz from them... if you actually can play musical instruments it is enhanced even more.. Musicians often play the same songs because they like what they produce.

This capacity to enjoy things over and over again helps you appreciate that life does not have to be boring just because you do things more than once...

There must be many things you like doing/experiencing more than just a few times, too?

Ps.. saying that I guess that there are many on this forum who have been posting for years but are not fed up with the forum one bit!

Post something here please.  let us hear something specific that you like, with that capacity... :ecstatic:

Things that I never get tired to enjoy over and over again.

1. Hiking in my favorite places - Wilsons Prom and Grampians

2. Posting about donuts ..LOL :whistling:

3. Taking photos of beautiful scenery ...animals etc

4. Reading books

5. Having fun with friends ..BBQ etc, playing games

6. Traveling ...(I can do this truly over and over again ..LOL)

7. Reading spiritual material and discovering Gems

8. Doing push up ....I think I am kidding here ..LOL :lol1:

Fine print: Not necessarily in that order...

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, Gregexplore said:

Things that I never get tired to enjoy over and over again.

1. Hiking in my favorite places - Wilsons Prom and Grampians

4. Reading books

6. Traveling ...(I can do this truly over and over again ..LOL)

Fine print: Not necessarily in that order...

No Greg.. this is the order

1. Eating donuts 🍩

2a equal 2nd  Hiking in my favorite places - Wilsons Prom and Grampians

4. Reading books

6. Travelling ...(I can do this truly over and over again ..LOL)

:dance:

I can listen to the same song, over and over, over. I had someone tell me I’d drive them crazy. I’ve used this with kingdom songs, and can still remember being at an especially beautiful part of my drive, singing to my hearts content, song 111. 

I figured listening to Kingdom music over and over has to be a good thing for my memory. 

Why else would I remember the words to all those 1950’s music. 

I have some talk on CD’s that I can listen to over and over, too. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

19 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

I can listen to the same song, over and over, over. I had someone tell me I’d drive them crazy. I’ve used this with kingdom songs, and can still remember being at an especially beautiful part of my drive, singing to my hearts content, song 111. 

I figured listening to Kingdom music over and over has to be a good thing for my memory. 

Why else would I remember the words to all those 1950’s music. 

I have some talk on CD’s that I can listen to over and over, too. 

Ooooh I never considered that...

Keep em' coming.

Thanks

Watching the sun rise and set.  Never tiring because each time is so incredibly beautiful and unique. 

Being around horses.  There is a connection there, a transfer of peace and serenity,

that I shall never grow weary of experiencing.

Camping outdoors and cooking and sitting around a crackling fire, calling in and communing

with the owls...will always bring a warm smile to my face.

Being among the friends.  Jehovah's people are such a fun-loving lot!!! LOL  

This message board is no exception...well...perhaps there may be one...or two 680833235_LaughingCrackup.gif.35e4cc499046e51baa4cc2a0d70c87d8.gif 

j.k. 1766648912_YESGrinning.gif.50048a59e48aa104e3411adc7bea69b9.gif

I will NEVER grow weary of being perfectly healthy.  Won't miss all the aches and pains and prescriptions and bad eyesight one teensy weensy little bit...ever! 1715555714_Nogrinning.gif.46312873d699249210ec44140dd4ce4f.gif 

Thanking and praising our Great God, Jehovah.  Requires no prompting and no effort what-so-ever.  As Revelation so aptly says, he is both worthy and deserving of our eternal praise and thanks.  Come to think of it, it will take an eternity to praise and thank him for all the wondrous things he has done for us, and all that he promises he will continue to do. cheerful.gif.fbfe742b84687ad2650b2caa56256087.gif

Yup!  Pretty exciting times lay just ahead! 108638930_Happyexcited.GIF.53db99d0eb63ddcfbfb092ef0fc7b86f.GIF

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

8 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Watching the sun rise and set.  Never tiring because each time is so incredibly beautiful and unique. 

Being around horses.  There is a connection there, a transfer of peace and serenity,

that I shall never grow weary of experiencing.

Camping outdoors and cooking and sitting around a crackling fire, calling in and communing

with the owls...will always bring a warm smile to my face.

Being among the friends.  Jehovah's people are such a fun-loving lot!!! LOL  

This message board is no exception...well...perhaps there may be one...or two 680833235_LaughingCrackup.gif.35e4cc499046e51baa4cc2a0d70c87d8.gif 

j.k. 1766648912_YESGrinning.gif.50048a59e48aa104e3411adc7bea69b9.gif

I will NEVER grow weary of being perfectly healthy.  Won't miss all the aches and pains and prescriptions and bad eyesight one teensy weensy little bit...ever! 1715555714_Nogrinning.gif.46312873d699249210ec44140dd4ce4f.gif 

Thanking and praising our Great God, Jehovah.  Requires no prompting and no effort what-so-ever.  As Revelation so aptly says, he is both worthy and deserving of our eternal praise and thanks.  Come to think of it, it will take an eternity to praise and thank him for all the wondrous things he has done for us, and all that he promises he will continue to do. cheerful.gif.fbfe742b84687ad2650b2caa56256087.gif

Yup!  Pretty exciting times lay just ahead! 108638930_Happyexcited.GIF.53db99d0eb63ddcfbfb092ef0fc7b86f.GIF

That is some list Rosanne. Great

a bigger capacity than I had imagined.. :)

3 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

🌅That also on top of my list. Even just watching the clouds drift by.☁️

Never tire of Conventions and Circuits Assemblies. Always such joyful occasions 

3 minutes ago, humblebumblebee said:

🌅That also on top of my list. Even just watching the clouds drift by.☁️

Never tire of Conventions and Circuits Assemblies. Always such joyful occasions 

mine too.. there is always something different about each setting of the sun, too.

Clouds fascinate me...

3 minutes ago, Alan said:

mine too.. there is always something different about each setting of the sun, too.

Clouds fascinate me...

I have time lapse feature on my camera, so I can set up the equipment, let the clouds roll by ....

I want to do it one day ...soon....soonish.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

23 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

I have time lapse feature on my camera, so I can set up the equipment, let the clouds roll by ....

I want to do it one day ...soon....soonish.

it is a nice thing when you get it right..

I did  dome timelapse for a commercial Event Company.. putting up the displays/projection etc - preparing for an event.  The set up took about 8 hours.  I set the frame rate to 1 every 30 secs... even with that there were times when nothing happened for 10 minutes at a time so i had to edit them periods out. The secret is to work out what is actually moving in the time slot and setting the shot frequency to suit it. otherwise too high a frame rate when not a lot is happening means you can waste a lot of memory card storage just to span the event. Great if you have 64/128Gb cards perhaps but even then you may need speed up the replay a great deal to see any movement.

regarding your clouds with say a wideangle lens fitted/or set if a fixed zoom lens... if it is very windy you can have say a 1/2 or 1 second delay between shots.. if very low wind.. one every ten seconds may suit..    

wish i was doing it there with you mate!

sorry went way off topic there...

23 minutes ago, Alan said:

otherwise too high a frame rate when not a lot is happening means you can waste a lot of memory card storage just to span the event.

Obviously... :whistling: , You didn't  use the blower to speed up the clouds...LOL

Just a hint from Down Under ....

SA2700_0.jpg

12 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

In my public talk #112  (Expressing love in a lawless world) I use two sunset pictures side-by-side.  One in color and the exact same one in black and white.  It shows God's love because there no "necessity" to see in color but he wants us to be happy.

ss-1.JPG

ss-2.JPG

Edited by jwhess

34 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

Potential activity that I could do it again and again is DIVING, never done it in this system but I plan to explore this in a New World.

me too..!

every time i had to opportunity... on holiday abroad.. the other plans got in the way.. apparently you can't dive when you have recently flown or planning to fly  soon (return flight) in a pressurised cabin.. so the time slot is quite reduced.. still there will be time to come.. :)

Lying in bed listening to the wind blowing in the trees in my garden.

Being in bed with a good book.

Waking up early and realizing I'm not on early cart today!

Arriving at cart with good coffee for my partner and myself. 

But no donuts!! 2 fat sisters on the cart not a good look! 

Lying in bed listening to the wind blowing in the trees in my garden.
Being in bed with a good book.
Waking up early and realizing I'm not on early cart today!
Arriving at cart with good coffee for my partner and myself. 
But no donuts!! 2 fat sisters on the cart not a good look! 
You notice 3 of my pleasures involve my bed, I must be lazier than you lot!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Bible reading (what I have already read before) and scientific research (including updating what I already researched before).

And, yes, I often do that in bed!

We will never stop learning:

•  

• 10 I have seen the occupation that God has given to the sons of men to keep them occupied. 11 He has made everything beautiful* in its time.+ He has even put eternity in their heart; yet mankind will never find out the work that the true God has made from start to finish.

12 I have concluded that there is nothing better for them than to rejoice and to do good during their life,+ 13 also that everyone should eat and drink and find enjoyment for all his hard work. It is the gift of God.+

I'm gonna pick option (E). All of the above....

One thing that I enjoy is doing a good job. I don't admit to it too readily but I am a bit of a perfectionist in some areas. I can't really be satisfied with  'good enough'..

I know there is a fine line between perfection and production,  and I have walked that line a lot in my career. I always had to work harder so that my stuff was done to my standard, no matter what I was doing.

I hope that isn't ego or prideful,  I don't really mean it that way. I just enjoy a job well done, even if it's not me doing it. That is why I enjoy watching the Olympics,  or other types of competitions, I enjoy watching a professional doing what they do best.

2 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

I'm gonna pick option (E). All of the above....

One thing that I enjoy is doing a good job. I don't admit to it too readily but I am a bit of a perfectionist in some areas. I can't really be satisfied with  'good enough'..

I know there is a fine line between perfection and production,  and I have walked that line a lot in my career. I always had to work harder so that my stuff was done to my standard, no matter what I was doing.

I hope that isn't ego or prideful,  I don't really mean it that way. I just enjoy a job well done, even if it's not me doing it. That is why I enjoy watching the Olympics,  or other types of competitions, I enjoy watching a professional doing what they do best.

Tim, become baker please.....:praying:

You would bake perfect donuts .... hmm just dreaming LOL :coffee: