Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1392 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Recommended Posts

In light of the topic of copy right about the convention notebook. I wanted to make sure that I'm not violating it by what I have been doing.

I designed a crochet blanket with JW.ORG for me. Others from the kingdom Hall have seen it. They asked for me the make them one. I've asked that they just pay for the yarn and if they wanted to pay for my time to crochet it they can. c7fed34252f3a6eda3623d2105df4a3f.jpg

 

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

you can look here:

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4809:y2gx9w.2.1

Description:

Color is not claimed as a feature of the mark. The mark consists of the stylized letters "JW.ORG" within a square design, where the characters "JW" Appear above the characters ".ORG".

 

For our convention in Berlin 2019 we are not allowed to use the JW.ORG symbol in square on gifts.

A circle, octagon or similar is allowed.
We also should not use it, because maybe some guests could get problems in their home countrys.

See also more Watchtower 2018 April Questions from Readers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, The German said:

For our convention in Berlin 2019 we are not allowed to use the JW.ORG symbol in square on gifts.

A circle, octagon or similar is allowed.
We also should not use it, because maybe some guests could get problems in their home countrys.

See also more Watchtower 2018 April Questions from Readers

We had similar info at meeting last night. JW.ORG is copyrighted. Can't be used.

 

However the logo for Int Conventions can be used.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, pnutts said:

We had similar info at meeting last night. JW.ORG is copyrighted. Can't be used.

 

However the logo for Int Conventions can be used.

Thats right.

They are here:  jw2019.org

It was discussed already here.

 

Here another link i found:

http://www.oslo2018.org/en/faq/#Can-I-use-the-oslo2018-logo-when-making-gifts-for-convention-delegates


Edited by The German

The link is not working anymore
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Globug said:

In light of the topic of copy right about the convention notebook. I wanted to make sure that I'm not violating it by what I have been doing.

I designed a crochet blanket with JW.ORG for me. Others from the kingdom Hall have seen it. They asked for me the make them one. I've asked that they just pay for the yarn and if they wanted to pay for my time to crochet it they can.

You're fine. Fair use allows for creative works. You're not selling them on a commercial scale or over the internet. Have fun crocheting!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 22.12.4 (changelog)