JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Leave it with me...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1841 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I was wondering this very thing this afternoon. Even asked Jehovah in prayer for guidance in understanding when it was no longer appropriate to continue to ask Him about a matter ( remember that Paul said he prayed three times for the thorn to be removed) or to accept that Jehovah had already given me much more than I deserved in life and understand ( as Paul appears to have ) that some of my burdens Jehovah has left with me ( possibly to keep me humble ). In a way this discussion may very well be His answer to my prayer. Thanks for posting it! 

Thank you for posting this. I too have “ thorns in the Flesh”, whether it’s my Husband (inactive) or son( sides with Husband on everything- and lost respect for me), our Separation ( which I’m ok with- His Family thought I would have broken down into pieces) but with Jehovah I am still standing. I will read this article later tonight and ponder over it. Yes, it’s reassuring when Jehovah says “ leave it with me, or let me carry your daily load”

Psalms 68:19

1 minute ago, nicolette said:

Thank you for posting this. I too have “ thorns in the Flesh”, whether it’s my Husband (inactive) or son( sides with Husband on everything- and lost respect for me), our Separation ( which I’m ok with- His Family thought I would have broken down into pieces) but with Jehovah I am still standing. I will read this article later tonight and ponder over it. Yes, it’s reassuring when Jehovah says “ leave it with me, or let me carry your daily load”

Psalms 68:19

Dear sister.

What a load you have! I find it encouraging that you have reached out to the 'repair shop owner' Jehovah. I find it ironic that upon watching others in 'seemingly' impossible situations, the power, endurance and or solution from Jehovah, suddenly makes itself evident.

The point to get to, which I admit has to be learned, is to leave 'most' of the burden upon Jehovah. Paul learned this to his advantage:. A fabulous scripture reveals this very point.

2 Cor 12:10  So I take pleasure in weaknesses, in insults, in times of need, in persecutions and difficulties, for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am powerful. 

It does take faith to fully trust in this.. and often this is why we take things back on ourselves.

Often brothers 'take it back' because they do not discern the 'fix' Jehovah IS giving in our situation. We are perhaps expecting something else (that we think should be done) and seeing things through blinkers.  You are not blinkered.. that is obvious. You see yourself still standing. This is a great victory and excellent reflection of Jehovah's love for you. What does the future hold for you.. I don't know; but Jehovah does that is for sure. He never abandons those who are his own.

5 minutes ago, Alan said:

Dear sister.

What a load you have! I find it encouraging that you have reached out to the 'repair shop owner' Jehovah. I find it ironic that upon watching others in 'seemingly' impossible situations, the power, endurance and or solution from Jehovah, suddenly makes itself evident.

The point to get to, which I admit has to be learned, is to leave 'most' of the burden upon Jehovah. Paul learned this to his advantage:. A fabulous scripture reveals this very point.

2 Cor 12:10  So I take pleasure in weaknesses, in insults, in times of need, in persecutions and difficulties, for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am powerful. 

It does take faith to fully trust in this.. and often this is why we take things back on ourselves.

Often brothers 'take it back' because they do not discern the 'fix' Jehovah IS giving in our situation. We are perhaps expecting something else (that we think should be done) and seeing things through blinkers.  You are not blinkered.. that is obvious. You see yourself still standing. This is a great victory and excellent reflection of Jehovah's love for you. What does the future hold for you.. I don't know; but Jehovah does that is for sure. He never abandons those who are his own.

I will place this note among my Favorite Scriptures. Thank you my Brother for the encouragement. As I say “ it’s Jehovah “, what can Men do to me? It hurts - especially the disrespect and I want to retaliate; however today’s WT is on time for me. I must render supplication/and beg Jehovah for this- as it means my life- Psalms 37:11. Thank you! Thank you!🥰💝

This reminds me of a poem I once heard:

Broken Dreams 

As children bring their broken toys
With tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God
Because He was my friend.

But then instead of leaving Him
In peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help
With ways that were my own.

At last I snatched them back and cried,
"How could you be so slow"