JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Animal Creation Magnifies Jehovah: Day 5

daydream

Day 5  “God proceeded to create the great sea monsters and every living soul that moves about, which the waters swarmed forth according to their kinds, and every winged flying creature according to its kind.” 

Image result for joel sartore

Red-eyed tree frog at the Miller Park Zoo. These frogs sit completely still all day long and blend in with the surrounding leaves. They have the ability to change the green tint of their skin to make it harder for predators to see them

2 hours ago, M'Awan said:

Image result for joel sartore

Red-eyed tree frog at the Miller Park Zoo. These frogs sit completely still all day long and blend in with the surrounding leaves. They have the ability to change the green tint of their skin to make it harder for predators to see them

I met one in 2015 😁

DSC_0001(1).jpg

DSC_0001(3).jpg

Chrissy :wave:

Wow, where did you meet that creature? Did you just pick it off a tree?

<Many scientists believe the red-eyed tree frog developed its vivid scarlet peepers to shock predators into at least briefly questioning their meal choice!  

Colorful Adaptations

These iconic rain-forest amphibians sleep by day stuck to leaf-bottoms with their eyes closed and body markings covered. When disturbed, they flash their bulging red eyes and reveal their huge, webbed orange feet and bright blue-and-yellow flanks. This technique, called startle coloration, may give a bird or snake pause, offering a precious instant for the frog to spring to safety.>

Ok, you were walking around in the dark. 

It looked so cute and friendly. I think it is trying to shock you into letting him jump away.

Edited by M'Awan

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:09 PM, M'Awan said:

Wow, where did you meet that creature? Did you just pick it off a tree?

<Many scientists believe the red-eyed tree frog developed its vivid scarlet peepers to shock predators into at least briefly questioning their meal choice!  

Colorful Adaptations

These iconic rain-forest amphibians sleep by day stuck to leaf-bottoms with their eyes closed and body markings covered. When disturbed, they flash their bulging red eyes and reveal their huge, webbed orange feet and bright blue-and-yellow flanks. This technique, called startle coloration, may give a bird or snake pause, offering a precious instant for the frog to spring to safety.>

Ok, you were walking around in the dark. 

It looked so cute and friendly. I think it is trying to shock you into letting him jump away.

:D No, I didn´t pick it off a tree….But it was sleeping under a leave in Costa Rica, where we spent our vacation in 2015. The woman who showed us around had seen it sleeping and woke it up so we could enjoy this beautiful animal for some minutes. If I had been there alone, I wouldn´t have seen it - and even IF I would have seen it, I wouldn´t have known it is a frog, because when it sleeps it looks like this:

IMG_3638.jpg

But after it woke up it looked like this:

IMG_3606.JPG

IMG_3615.JPG

IMG_3620.JPG

IMG_3627.JPG

Edited by coony77

Chrissy :wave:

• 5 months later...