JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Bean & Honey Burrito Casserole:eat:

Okay, so I know this recipe may seem odd--with honey in it--but trust me, it's yummy. Musky found it on the internet and thought it sounded interesting, so I prepared it last night. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as we did! Bean and Honey Burrito Casserole Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 1 Hour 5 Minutes Ready In: 1 Hour 20 Minutes Servings: 8 "Here's a great way to feed burritos to a crowd. Layer chicken, veggies, and a creamy honey sauce with tortillas, and bake until bubbly and brown. Serve with shredded lettuce and fresh chopped tomatoes ." Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups cooked yellow rice (I used the 'Mahatma' brand--it's yellow because it has seasoning including saffron) 1 serving cooking spray 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas (I used whole wheat--tasted good) 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard 1/4 cup sour cream 1/3 cup honey 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained 1 cup corn kernels 2 cups shredded cooked chicken 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin 1 tablespoon honey Directions: 1. Prepare yellow rice as directed on package; reserve 1 1/2 cups. Refrigerate any remaining rice for another use. 2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. 3. Line bottom of baking dish with 4 tortillas. To make the honey sauce, whisk together the mustard, sour cream, and 1/3 cup honey in a small bowl. Combine the red pepper, green pepper, garbanzo beans, black beans, and corn in a large bowl. Scoop out 1/2 cup of the bean mixture and reserve for topping. 4. Stir the chicken, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, cumin, yellow rice, and honey sauce into the bean mixture. Mix well. Pour mixture into the baking dish. Top with 4 tortillas; sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, and the reserved 1/2 cup bean mixture. 5. Bake in preheated oven until hot and bubbly, 30 to 45 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil if top browns excessively. Remove from oven, drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of honey. (I served it with a dollop of sour cream.) ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2012 Allrecipes.com

79752=4490-bean & honey casserole.jpg

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

hi musky. that sounds like a great recipe to try

my kids like tacco's but most the time its hard to please

them do you have any tips please. Gabe:coffee:

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody."