JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Catholic Inspired by Witness Work

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4446 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/bringing-christs-church-door-to-door/

Here are parts of an article sent me. It is worth reading--and since they are having success, we can change our approach and reach a new territory.

Obviously people do listen to us. What with this and the new King James Anniversary Bible returning Gods name 7000 times--well are we not being more vindicated in our work, and doesn't it show our work is having an impact--and if they do the work for us and spread the good news--well it can only vindicate Gods right to rule and help us talk to those who want to do what is right-the honest-hearted. Let us use the school and rehearse better so we can become more effective teachers amongst the copy cats--for maybe Satan wants to swamp the work so that authorities are asked for such work to stop. Meantime it is a window of opportunity I am sure we will all use to Jehovah's Glory.

Homeowners are used to members of the Jehovah’s Witnesses and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints coming to their doors, but many

Catholic door-to-door missionaries are springing up across the country for

the purposes of evangelization.

The efforts have no centralized headquarters. They’re simply the grassroots efforts of faithful Catholics who continue to bring the Good News to the ends of the earth.

“A Jehovah’s Witness had come to my door,” said Rooney. “We talked

for about an hour, and I spoke about the Catholic faith. In the end the

Jehovah’s Witness said, ‘If this is really the Church that Jesus founded, why aren’t you out doing what we’re doing?’ That was compelling.”

Cruze admits that going door-to-door was “way outside my comfort

zone.” “On our first day out, at the first house we knocked, we spoke

with an 80-something-year-old Lutheran and his wife who was a former

Catholic,” said Cruze. “After introducing ourselves, he said, Catholics,

huh?! We’ve had Jehovah’s, the Mormon boys and even Assemblies of God.We ain’t never had any Catholics here before. 'Where ya been? recalled Rosenthal.

DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THAT HOUSEHOLDER! http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/bringing-christs-church-door-to-door/ Paul

This is interesting...I can't imagine what they might be sharing...Proof of Hellfire?:? lol...

But I really loved what that brother said to get that catholic guy compelled enough to attempt door to door ministry.....Recently one of our elders shared an experience he had one Sunday morning in field service, since our meeting is now in the afternoon he was doing territory in a neighborhood which has a Catholic church/school..as they were walking past, there was a priest outside so he struck up a conversation with him, they talked for quite some time and the priest admitted to them that..& I quote " if I had to go door to door as a Catholic, I'd leave the church!! :? I imagine that's what many of them might say...

This is interesting...I can't imagine what they might be sharing...Proof of Hellfire?:? lol...

But I really loved what that brother said to get that catholic guy compelled enough to attempt door to door ministry.....Recently one of our elders shared an experience he had one Sunday morning in field service, since our meeting is now in the afternoon he was doing territory in a neighborhood which has a Catholic church/school..as they were walking past, there was a priest outside so he struck up a conversation with him, they talked for quite some time and the priest admitted to them that..& I quote " if I had to go door to door as a Catholic, I'd leave the church!! :? I imagine that's what many of them might say...

` Proof of Hellfire ` So funny.Thanks for the laugh today . proff of Hellfire Ha Ha>:D<

I got the idea that they were not out to make disciples, but to encouraged lapsed or former Catholics to come back to the church.

The Catholic Church's doctrines are not altogether based on the Bible - so a person has to have another reason to embrace them.

But all religious people should seriously consider Jesus' words who quoted his Father: "It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, because they teach commandments of men as doctrines." Matthew 15:9

• 2 weeks later...