JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Thursday, October 24 ~ Everything that he has is in your hand.​—Job 1:12.

Thursday, October 24

Everything that he has is in your hand.—Job 1:12.

In the book of Job, one of the earliest Bible books to be written, we learn of Satan’s contention that if subjected to intense suffering, Job would reject God. Satan suggested that God personally afflict Job. Jehovah did not do that, but he allowed Satan to test Job. In a short time, Job lost his servants, his means of livelihood, and his ten beloved children. Satan accomplished this in a way that made it appear as if God himself had been the cause of Job’s troubles. (Job 1:13-19) Satan next afflicted Job with a painful and repulsive illness. (Job 2:7) His despair was deepened further by the disheartening words of his wife and of three companions who acted as if they were his friends. (Job 2:9; 3:11; 16:2) The result? Satan’s claim was shown to be completely false. Job refused to turn his back on God.—Job 27:5. w17.06 24 ¶9-10

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I had an thought in this in the morning.

When I was young, my mother would often use the temptations of Christ after his baptism as proof that Jesus is not the almighty God, since Satan would never be so naive as to try to coerce God to do something wrong.

However, this scripture undermines the validity of that argument as proof thereof.

Here, we have a clearly stated example of Satan trying to get Jehovah himself to do something that goes against his own standards (see James 1:13)

So it seems to me that despite his amazing intellect, Satan has no depth to his perception of Jehovah's wisdom, his perfection, yes his infallibility. He has a completely warped concept of Jehovah. Something that is also reflected in his evil propaganda as well.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

On 23 October 2019 at 11:48 PM, ChrisC said:
On 24 October 2019 at 11:45 AM, ChocoBro said:

So it seems to me that despite his amazing intellect, Satan has no depth to his perception of Jehovah's wisdom, his perfection, yes his infallibility. He has a completely warped concept of Jehovah. Something that is also reflected in his evil propaganda as 

If he had focused on Jehovah more and on himself less ,  his perception of Jehovah would have grown.  Instead, he just couldn't stop gazing admiringly into his hand mirror.....and preening.  After that it was:. Boy, how good I would look on that throne.  It was all about him!  The rest is history.

On 24 October 2019 at 11:45 AM, ChocoBro said:

I had an thought in this in the morning.

When I was young, my mother would often use the temptations of Christ after his baptism as proof that Jesus is not the almighty God, since Satan would never be so naive as to try to coerce God to do something wrong.

However, this scripture undermines the validity of that argument as proof thereof.

Here, we have a clearly stated example of Satan trying to get Jehovah himself to do something that goes against his own standards (see James 1:

I like your mother's line of reasoning.  Satan had tried that trick with Jehovah in Job's day centuries before Jesus came to the earth and it didn't work.  Why would he be trying it again?  Because he knew they were different entities and maybe, just maybe, he would have more success this time.  Also, he knew one was greater, maybe he'd succeed with the lesser.

Why would he try it in the first place?  Because he judges others, even Jehovah, by himself.  He would stop at nothing to achieve his ends and he cannot fathom anyone being different. Super-intelligent but totally warped, blinded by his own ego.