JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

wish we could have an "information technology" forum!

We have so many gifted IT people on this forum I wish we could have a specific forum for "techie" questions. Simple ones, (of course!) - not complicated like "how to build my own motherboard"! But I have been trying to figure out how to load the WT library on to my stupid KOBE with internet ereader for months now and still can't get it figured out! I wish someone would say, step 1) go to such and such web site; step 2) plug in the cord between your ereader and your computer;...

I hate being old and outdated...:shrugs::scared::cry::?:S:surrender:

The Bee

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

It says it is an android based model. Some of these have a limited version of the android market.

Does yours have access to the android market? If so, go to the market and look for a program called iSilo.

It isn't cheap, but it is the only way I know of getting the WTLibrary on your device.

Let me know if it has access to this app (application).

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

We have so many gifted IT people on this forum I wish we could have a specific forum for "techie" questions. Simple ones, (of course!) - not complicated like "how to build my own motherboard"! But I have been trying to figure out how to load the WT library on to my stupid KOBE with internet ereader for months now and still can't get it figured out! I wish someone would say, step 1) go to such and such web site; step 2) plug in the cord between your ereader and your computer;...

As long as I don't have to mod it, lol!

I must be really blind. How exactly do you know that it says it is an android based model? I have looked in the tech specs and I don't see that. I do see that it supports epub files, though, so I guess that means I could download lit. from the jw.org web site?

The Bee

OK

Check out this video:

Download FBREADER it is on the site they mention.

After that open the browser in the same way, but this time go to this site (you'll have to type it in the browser address bar

http://www.syntaxsoftwaresolutions.co.uk/JWReader

download ans install JWReader.

Let me know if this makes sense and works

Soon .....

OK

Check out this video:

Download FBREADER it is on the site they mention.

After that open the browser in the same way, but this time go to this site (you'll have to type it in the browser address bar

http://www.syntaxsoftwaresolutions.co.uk/JWReader

download ans install JWReader.

Let me know if this makes sense and works

Jerry,

Should I do this even though I don't have the "VOX"?

The Bee

As long as I don't have to mod it, lol!

That's fine, that is what we keep :borg: around here for. :raspberry:

Thanks for all your research, Jerry. But I have been monkeying around with this for another couple days and was stumped from the get - go because mine didn't have anything that showed apps like that one in the video did. I finally read the entire user guide and searched the web site, google, etc. - no info. on the Kobo wifi having apps or android. So I finally sent an email to Kobo support and got this answer:

"We are sorry to inform you that your Kobo Wifi eReader does not have Android and therefore you will be unable to download App's to it."

So I guess that's the end of that! It does, however, support epub and pdf files so I'm next going see if there is a way to convert the W.T. library to one of those type of files???

The Bee

Guest doodleglo

I'm just an old 'grandma' ... but I love technology.

The other day I thought how much Jehovah has put in

the making of us puny little humans... the abilities are

endless... and so wasted sometimes. But what a great

testimony to Jehovah's wisdom ...

Anyway... I really do enjoy technology... but the older I

get, the more difficult it is for me. *sigh * Does anyone

know where I put my cane? *LOL* ~ Glo

PS... a little correction: we feel puny now, but that's

not how Jehovah designed us!