JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Beer crisis averted (this only can happen Down Under LOL)

A looming beer crisis has been avoided in a fire-stricken Australian town, thanks to some help from the country's navy.

Mallacoota, a small coastal town in the state of Victoria, was isolated from the rest of the country when a devastating bushfire ripped through it on New Year's Eve, destroying homes and cars, and cutting off the one road in and out.
Due to the lack of road access, residents have been receiving supplies through emergency shipments from the Royal Australian Navy ship HMAS Choules -- and beer is no exception.
When the Melbourne-based Carlton & United Breweries heard that the local pub was running out of beer, it arranged a special delivery to be sent over with the navy.
A total of 3,000 liters (almost 800 gallons) of beer was loaded onto the HMAS Choules on Thursday morning.
"The pub is at the heart of regional communities, and after what Mallacoota residents and firefighters have been through the least we would do is make sure they could enjoy a beer," Carlton & United Breweries CEO Peter Filipovic told CNN.
Locals rejoiced at the news of the incoming shipment, with some posting "God bless the navy" and "Not all heroes wear capes" on a Mallacoota Community News Facebook page.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

6 hours ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

Essential Supplies!!
That reminds me to 'freshen up' my stocks emoji482.png

Just Older emoji3073.png

I need verification, I have heard that Australian brothers are directed to have 3 days supply of beer in their go-bags, is this so? and if so, what is the recommended maximum storage period befor stocks have to be refreshened? How do the brothers react in knowing they will be surviving on warm beer? 

From where I am typing so many things about Australia just seem upside down.   :lol:   

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 1/10/2020 at 7:20 PM, New World Explorer said:

A looming beer crisis has been avoided in a fire-stricken Australian town, thanks to some help from the country's navy.

Today the petrol station owner spat the dummy because the Navy is bringing in beer but no petrol...

The Best Life Ever Is Here, and the Very Best Life Ever Is Coming Very Soon.