JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hello brothers and sisters

Its the tv and its response to comands via the romote that is  my problem with jw. org broadcasting. (The remote works perfectly with tv channels) There was no problem prior to our Organization making adjustments recently to accessing our broadcasting channels.   The remote response was v good.

However, the smart Panasonic tv is now abysmally slow. So much so I thought the batteries in the remote had died, but no, eventually the tv responded. I can tell you that supplementary tools like roku and others are not part of my set up. They are not needed with a smart tv as far as I know.  Firefox is the browser I have used. If you suggest trying another browser kindly explain how I go about setting that up.

Forgive me, electronics and terms associated with same are not my forte so fire off questions if necessary and I will endeavor to answer if the above is insufficient.

Thx for your help.

Nigel.

If you're running jw.org from a web browser such as Firefox, that could explain why it is now slower. The recommended way of using JW Broadcasting on a TV is to use the dedicated app on a Roku, Amazon Fire, or Apple TV streaming device. Android boxes like the Nvidia Shield work too. Cheaper smart TVs or devices do not have enough power to run a full browser well, they are designed for light apps only. Running an app cannot be compared with changing channels.
https://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-broadcasting/

Without knowing the model number of your TV, there's no way to figure out what apps it supports. The first thing you should do is search the apps/channels section of your smart TV menu to see if there is an official JW Broadcasting or JW.org application. I also recommend temporarily swapping the batteries in your remote just to be sure that is not the cause.

Edited by Myew