JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Antarctica

Lewis

Excellent observation. I did notice a ship by that name at the same location from MarineTraffic.

The accident was terrible but I realize that it was a canadian pilot who was responsible. MarineTraffic allowed me to capture the previous 3 days of its route and I plotted them in our Caris software and later in QGIS. Amakusagrounding2014CHS3956sm.thumb.jpg.512cb3d8297f6caa89695f58d87d6098.jpg

On 12/16/2022 at 2:43 PM, Lewis said:

Antarctica is in melting season and sea ice AREA is back at lowest levels and has been for 101 days this year so far, and sea ice EXTENT is 2nd and trending to be 1st again in the next two weeks. Another 67 days until its minimum. The Tongue of Thwaites Glacier in Antarctica appears to be decaying much faster than expected especially in the eastern part where chunks of ice is breaking off like there’s no tomorrow. The risk of sea level rise is real.

Globally, Global sea ice for AREA and EXTENT are both 2nd lowest on record and trending towards lowest.

Antarctica sea ice Area is lowest today for the 110th day this year

Antarctica sea ice Extent became lowest today for the 70th day this year

Global sea ice Area is lowest today for the 28th day this year

Global sea ice Extent is 2nd lowest today and continues to trend for lowest.

2023 and 2024 will will prove to be interesting if these numbers are low now.

On 12/25/2022 at 11:40 AM, Lewis said:

Antarctica sea ice Area is lowest today for the 110th day this year

Antarctica sea ice Extent became lowest today for the 70th day this year

Global sea ice Area is lowest today for the 28th day this year

Global sea ice Extent is 2nd lowest today and continues to trend for lowest.

2023 and 2024 will will prove to be interesting if these numbers are low now.

Global sea ice Extent is now lowest as of today.

Arctic Area and Extent is at #5 in position.

I did see someone make a remark that Antarctica was growing in ice thickness and showed a video dated 2014. I see it in the list you provided. It seems that some are using a single year as evidence that we are not is such a pickle as news reports are making out. Good graph! Sad though.

Percy

Antarctica sea ice still lowest on record, another 6 weeks to go for minimum i wonder how low it will go.

Lowest of sea ice happened in the last 10 years.

Feb 2022 - 2.128 km2

2017 - 2.147

2018 - 2.209

2019 - 2.425

2016 - 2.657

2020 - 2.759

2021 - 2.788

2014 - 3.542

2015 - 3.594

2013 - 3.685

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2023 at 1:11 AM, Percy said:

Have you investigated this site? The files though are quite large and difficult to work with.

https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/products/etopo-global-relief-model

I always see reference to it in scientific papers, they use it as a baseline for dataset in their research. I was checking the new model you linked and its resolution is quite good and improved. The Ice surface model i really like, you can see a detailed enhanced resolution of the ice sheets and of the bedrock of Antarctica and Greenland.

I believe the primary goal of ETOPO is the modeling of tsunamis and coastal hazards.

I use worldview and eos mainly.

On 2/19/2022 at 10:44 PM, Lewis said:

It’s official.

Antarctica Sea ice area reached lowest in the 44 year satellite record on Feb 18th 2022 beating 1993 record low minimum.

Antarctica Sea ice extent reached lowest in the 44 year satellite record on Feb 19th 2022 beating 2017 record low minimum.

Two records in same year, wow.

Looking like these records will be beaten for lowest sea ice this year again in Antarctica in the next couple of weeks.

Global Sea Ice Area new record was set yesterday as lowest in the 45 year Satellite record and continues to decline.

Global Sea Ice Extent will be beaten as well.

19 minutes ago, Lewis said:

I believe the primary goal of ETOPO is the modeling of tsunamis and coastal hazards.

I worked with a scientist who worked on tsunamis of the west coast of America and had the privilege of doing some posters for him of the Alaskan tsunami (1964) and the Japanese tsunami (2011). My focus is on cartography and of course tsunamis only damage coastal sites and I live in an area with a long narrow bay. I will check with him as he just today sent me a funny and a map that gave him a chuckle. He is a Ukrainian Jew so he is concerned over the state of the world in his home country. He is more secular than anything else.

image.png.ca8a67aeba411b853f37de8f2359f875.png

The other purpose of ETOPO I found quite fascinating from this site: https://phzoe.com/2019/12/27/average-elevations-and-depths/ which is really only of interest if you are a UNIX/Linux user from the standpoint of the script she wrote. (I am) The lady was able to estimate the relationship between water depth and land height based on ETOPO which you are required to download (whew). This gave me a view of how much water that could have fallen in the Flood and the effect it had on the earth's crust after flowing off into sea basins which also caused land to be pushed up. It is a complex process as you can well imagine, but it is based on Archimedes Principle, if you know the Greek scientist and what he discovered while taking a bath. At any rate I ran her scripts and got the same result, but then I started to make changes to investigate the Flood. That is where I am right now making comparisons with a different look at the data. The lady (Zoe) is actually against the idea of sea level rise so be forewarned. There is a wealth of information in the comments.

PC

25 minutes ago, Percy said:

I worked with a scientist who worked on tsunamis of the west coast of America and had the privilege of doing some posters for him of the Alaskan tsunami (1964) and the Japanese tsunami (2011). My focus is on cartography and of course tsunamis only damage coastal sites and I live in an area with a long narrow bay. I will check with him as he just today sent me a funny and a map that gave him a chuckle. He is a Ukrainian Jew so he is concerned over the state of the world in his home country. He is more secular than anything else.

image.png.ca8a67aeba411b853f37de8f2359f875.png

The other purpose of ETOPO I found quite fascinating from this site: https://phzoe.com/2019/12/27/average-elevations-and-depths/ which is really only of interest if you are a UNIX/Linux user from the standpoint of the script she wrote. (I am) The lady was able to estimate the relationship between water depth and land height based on ETOPO which you are required to download (whew). This gave me a view of how much water that could have fallen in the Flood and the effect it had on the earth's crust after flowing off into sea basins which also caused land to be pushed up. It is a complex process as you can well imagine, but it is based on Archimedes Principle, if you know the Greek scientist and what he discovered while taking a bath. At any rate I ran her scripts and got the same result, but then I started to make changes to investigate the Flood. That is where I am right now making comparisons with a different look at the data. The lady (Zoe) is actually against the idea of sea level rise so be forewarned. There is a wealth of information in the comments.

PC

Very interesting, I think you’re on to some great research, love to hear about your final results. I’ve done some research on the topic of Global Warming for sometime and found that there could be a connection with the biblical flood. Without our Oceans that we have today our surface global temperature would be much much higher. Since the Oceans cover roughly 70% of earth surface and Land is about 30%, and the suns energy is absorbed by the Oceans at around 93% and land at around 7%, so If you change the total composition of land vs ocean where there would be less water, the earth would be at a very different temperature globally, essentially speeding up Global Warming much faster and reaching catastrophic results sooner. Perhaps the flood was used because Jehovah had foreknowledge of how the last days would be, essentially extending the last days ensuring his will would be done.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2023 at 7:36 PM, Lewis said:

60k to go for Area for minimum record

233k to go for Extent for minimum record

Antarctica Area reached new record today beating 2022 minimum.

Antarctica Extent needs another 179k to beat 2022 record, 13 more days or so until melting season minimum.

On 2/8/2023 at 9:47 PM, Lewis said:

Antarctica Area reached new record today beating 2022 minimum.

Antarctica Extent needs another 179k to beat 2022 record, 13 more days or so until melting season minimum.

Extent reached lowest today beating 2022 for lowest with 2 more weeks to continue melting.

On 1/27/2023 at 9:51 PM, Lewis said:

Looking like these records will be beaten for lowest sea ice this year again in Antarctica in the next couple of weeks.

Global Sea Ice Area new record was set yesterday as lowest in the 45 year Satellite record and continues to decline.

Global Sea Ice Extent will be beaten as well.

Global Sea Ice Extent reached lowest on record today beating previous record from 2018.

And now Arctic sea ice is melting about a month earlier than normal, a lot of warm air coming in from the Atlantic Ocean and into the Arctic doing lots of damage.

With the looming El Niño arriving later this year, We could see the very first Blue Ocean Event in the Arctic by September 2024, As the projection for 2024 to be about 1.5C above pre industrial. An Arctic with no ice will have catastrophic consequences globally.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Antarctica Extent is back to lowest for the 62nd time this year, even though it is refreezing season, it is refreezing well below the average. The Ice shelves and glaciers are showing rapid destabilization. With the El Niño that is now in effect, it will impact Antarctica. Really exciting times we are living in now.

This might be of some interest to you, as the maiden voyage was Antarctica: https://www.marinetraffic.com/blog/breaking-the-ice/

I wonder if some of your information came from its voyage.

Here is an article at the other end of the earth, of the arctic melting. https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/02/ice-melting-arctic-transport-route-industry/

When it comes to numbers for Antarctica and Arctic I get my data from this site https://ads.nipr.ac.jp/vishop/#/extent and https://ads.nipr.ac.jp

Well some of the data about thwaites Glacier and the Ice Shelf did come from International Thwaites Glacier Collaboration which the RSS David Attenborough vessel assisted, my understanding they provided research cargo for a team already there. The team used an ice breaker to reach their destination as the sea ice was thick, even the RSS had a hard time getting through.

10 hours ago, Lewis said:

Sea surface temperature for the entire world is spiking this year, never seen it this high, it’s at average 21C. We could see record breaking temperatures this year.

https://climatereanalyzer.org/clim/sst_daily/

This made the news on BBC today

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-65339934