JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

May 2020 Study WT

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1531 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

The elder who gave the Public Talk in our hall today said that Satan's system of things

is in hospice...sooooooooo close to dying, it should be considered as good as dead.  :D 

I forget, is it 6 weeks, or 3 months a person is given to live before hospice accepts them under their care. 
What ever, sounds mighty fine to me.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

On 2/27/2020 at 12:37 PM, Beggar for the Spirit said:

How has the Governing Body been able to identify these Kings(of the North & South) throughout the centuries?

I love this explanation in the May 2020, STUDY ARTICLE 20:

"Who Is “the King of the North” Today?"

Thank you for posting on one of the three articles on the King of the North and South!

To add:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2020401

"If we view the prophecies of Ezekiel 38:10-23; Daniel 2:43-45; 11:44–12:1; and Revelation 16:13-16, 21 as speaking about the same time period and events, it appears that we can expect the following developments.

14 Sometime after the start of the great tribulation, “the kings of the entire inhabited earth” will form a coalition of nations. (Rev. 16:13, 14; 19:19) That coalition becomes what the Scriptures call “Gog of the land of Magog.” (Ezek. 38:2) That coalition of nations will make one final all-out assault on God’s people. What will provoke the attack? Speaking of this time, the apostle John saw a storm of unusually large hailstones raining down on God’s enemies. That symbolic hailstorm may take the form of a hard-hitting judgment message delivered by Jehovah’s people. It could be that this message provokes Gog of Magog into attacking God’s people with the intention of wiping them off the earth.—Rev. 16:21."

I like cross referencing Ezekiel, Daniel and Revelation which, taken in harmony, provide additional detail.

I also noted that while we have a new understanding of Gog and Magog, we already knew from the cross references that all of the nations will attack God's people and that demonic deceptions are involved:

Revelation 16:13-16

New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (Study Edition)

13 And I saw three unclean inspired expressions* that looked like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon+ and out of the mouth of the wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and they perform signs,+ and they go out to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war+ of the great day of God the Almighty.+

15 “Look! I am coming as a thief.+ Happy is the one who stays awake+ and keeps his outer garments, so that he may not walk naked and people look upon his shamefulness.”+

16 And they gathered them together to the place that is called in Hebrew Armageddon.*+

While Gog is not Satan, the Dragon is Satan so we already knew he, the political system (wild beast), the Anglo-American World Power (7th head/false prophet), and the demons will deceive "the kings of the entire inhabited earth" in a 'coalition' at the onset of Armageddon (the immediate cause of Armageddon).

I take comfort in that many of the adjustments in our understandings over the decades since I came into the truth are usually not changes in actual belief, but in the accurate understanding of specific Bible accounts.

Of course, we have also improve in our actual beliefs to be in harmony with Scripture - but that was more the case in the 1920's then now.

I think, anyway.   

Meanwhile, are you all anticipation (like me) of what that hard hitting message will be?