JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Outdoor cat care

My cats have been staying in our garage in a cathouse area (heat and air) & going out in the daytime,  but due to circumstances, I am gonna have to put them outdoors fulltime . They are all 3 three years old, fixed and still have all claws lol.

I was thinking something along the lines of putting them in a cathouse (chicken coop style) at night, so they have less chance of getting hurt at night. 

Any ideas on how to keep them safe, as I've lost one a couple of years ago.... Any input would be appreciated.

cats.PNG

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

Cats like to sit in high places, all the better to view the world below and a window perch allows for sunbathing.

I have 2 feral female cats that are neutered. Miu Miu is a homebody and the other one loves to roam nearby. Now, a very tame male cat decided to make himself at home in our house. I will have to send him a bit further away so that he doesn't come back again. It is a good thing Muslims loves to feed these strays around the shop houses. Cat kibbles and water is provided by the shop assistants.

CCat Window Seat with Leopard Print Bolster

https://www.wired.com/2015/02/whats-up-with-cats-and-boxes/

Astute feline observers will note that in addition to boxes, many cats seem to pick other odd places to relax. Some curl up in a bathroom sink. Others prefer shoes, bowls, shopping bags, coffee mugs, empty egg cartons, and other small, confined spaces.

I also noticed cats loved sleeping on stuff with their owners' smell on it. Slippers become their pillows. Put small new sleeping mats on high places and they can't resist sleeping there at night. Maybe use catnip to lure them into sleeping in new confined spaces. Miu Miu the nervous wreck of a cat loves sleeping in packing boxes.

Edited by M'Awan