JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Encouraging the congregation during Covid-19

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1463 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hi all, I just wanted share some suggestions on ways we can keep in touch with bros/sisters to encourage each other  in our congs and would welcome further ideas pls 💡 

A sister from our old congregation (there are lots of kids in that hall) has the following idea, she sent this message to all in the hall - 

Dear Kids & Teenagers!

Writers, Journalists, Reporters, Wanted!!!

To encourage our Congregation I thought it might be nice to do a Nelson Gazette! 
Full of Good News only ofcourse.

I'm looking for willing volunteers to submit pictures, poems, photo's etc.

Maybe someone could write us an poem about the New world? 

Perhaps some of the kids could draw a picture of what they would like to do in paradise or their favourite animal?

Maybe we could have someone interview some of our dear faithful ones. Eg. Ken and Sues special pioneer experiences? 
Or do you know a need greater abroad you could interview?

How about suggestions to keep busy during isolation? 

Tell us a joke! 

A ministry experience you have recently had? What has been your favourite family worship project? 

Maybe some short stories.. 
What a day with Noah in the new world will be like? 

Dear Diary... (10,000 years into the new world)

Blast from the past! - Could we get intouch and interview some friends that used to be from Nelson and are serving elsewhere?

How about a scene from the bible built out of Lego! 

Let me know what you think or if you have any other ideas 

I also am thinking of arranging a guess who zoom quiz, asking bros and sisters for different things such as an nice experiences they have had in the min, where and when they were baptised, how they came into the truth, there fav scripture and why it’s their fav etc. Once all   Are read out bros and sisters have to guess who they think it could be and at the end the answers will be revealed. If anyone else has any suggestions on questions that could be asked please let me know 😊 thanks 

3 hours ago, Strawberrypeach said:

I also am thinking of arranging a guess who zoom quiz, asking bros and sisters for different things such as an nice experiences they have had in the min, where and when they were baptised, how they came into the truth, there fav scripture and why it’s their fav etc. Once all   Are read out bros and sisters have to guess who they think it could be and at the end the answers will be revealed. If anyone else has any suggestions on questions that could be asked please let me know 😊 thanks 

If your going to do a zoom quiz, an idea is to have a round wherby, you get each household to get 10 household items and the fastest household to show all 10 items on camera wins the round.

I know someone who did this and two of the items that everyone had to get was their packed Go Bags and Medical Directives (Blood Cards) per individual ....... the response to it was quite revealing!

• 2 weeks later...

This is an encouragment to hear how so many are working to build one another up.

I just saw on jw.org that the brothers are also keeping close count of the brothers and sisters worldwide who have died of covid19.  Currently they are 872.

Although this is a real tragedy, it also demonstrates how Jehovah's organization counts every single one of us as precious, like the sparrows that fall to the ground that Jesus referenced.  The news has worldwide  and national numbers, but such a small number among 8.6 million in the entire world is carefully counted.  It also shows that the brothers are being obedient to the precautions that the countries and the branch offices direct that we follow, so that the lives of most of our dear brothers and sisters are preserved.  And we can be assured that those faithful ones who died will be remembered when the resurrection takes place.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/global/International-Brotherhood-Comforts-Those-Impacted-by-Deadly-Pandemic/