JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

William Malenfant „Become one Flock“ (John 10:16)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1447 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This is true:

"There are some things that Jehovah God has not revealed to us 
—things that we may be curious about and things that we really don’t 
know. But our curiosity may persist even though it’s something we are 
not able to know or fully understand. 
For example, our text comment tells us that we don’t need to know the 
names of all of the anointed on earth today. 
And the last sentence in the text comment tells us that “it would be 
pointless . . . “to try to ascertain who among God’s servants will 
eventually be part of the 144,000.” 
The final judgment and sealing of the anointed is a very private matter 
between Jehovah and individual anointed ones. 
However, some of us may be a bit like Peter, curious about others 
and what God’s will is for them. But, frankly speaking, brothers and 
sisters, our curiosity does have to be controlled. 
We need to recognize our limitations. 
And there are things that really don’t pertain to us."

We cant ask an anointed whether they have receieved the final sealing or not..

We wont be saying "this is it"until jehovah through the FDS says.

What a big lesson.

Anyone else find it interesting that they posted this particular morning worship three years later? Have they done similar before? 

The original date is not interesting. The topic is. The brothers post according to whet topic is necessary.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

5 hours ago, Thesauron said:

The original date is not interesting. The topic is. The brothers post according to whet topic is necessary.

That’s my whole point lol, the slave has a morning worship recorded everyday, so why this one from three years ago, right now. 

That’s my whole point lol, the slave has a morning worship recorded everyday, so why this one from three years ago, right now. 

It fills a need. But since very few of us attend the meetings of the Governing Body every week, it might be hard to discern at times unless the articles and films are directed at us personally and directly. Only sometime later might we have such 20/20 vision so as to understand clearly why something was published. Some things we can guess. We can, for example, clearly see that some articles and films that are published right now touch on subjects that have become burning issues during this pandemic and isolation.

But on a personal level, I have heard some talking about this or that one receiving his or her final sealing, as if it wasn’t something very personal between them and Jehovah. Some might also forget that we do not follow individual anointed ones. Jesus Christ is the only one assigned to be our leader. Sure, some do a good job as, for example, part of the FDS, but in the end, they are only servants. The angel that appeared to Manoa is a good lesson in humility. He was speaking Jehovah’s words, and Jehovah was responsible for their fulfilment, not any one lowly angel.

Our curiosity might get the better of us sometimes.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

8 hours ago, Thesauron said:

It fills a need. But since very few of us attend the meetings of the Governing Body every week, it might be hard to discern at times unless the articles and films are directed at us personally and directly. Only sometime later might we have such 20/20 vision so as to understand clearly why something was published. Some things we can guess. We can, for example, clearly see that some articles and films that are published right now touch on subjects that have become burning issues during this pandemic and isolation.

But on a personal level, I have heard some talking about this or that one receiving his or her final sealing, as if it wasn’t something very personal between them and Jehovah. Some might also forget that we do not follow individual anointed ones. Jesus Christ is the only one assigned to be our leader. Sure, some do a good job as, for example, part of the FDS, but in the end, they are only servants. The angel that appeared to Manoa is a good lesson in humility. He was speaking Jehovah’s words, and Jehovah was responsible for their fulfilment, not any one lowly angel.

Our curiosity might get the better of us sometimes.

You’ve actually heard people talking about anointed ones receiving their sealing?? Never have I ever heard that before.

6 minutes ago, Willant0103 said:

Never have I ever heard that before.

Well, it happens.

Concerning the FDS, nothing is left to chance. If they made this morning worship available for everyone this week and not three years ago, IMO, there is a reason.

Maybe you, me, or others may not feel concerned but Jehovah ‘is our God, The One teaching us to benefit ourselves’.