JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Gofundme video

I remember a video not more than a year ago that talked about gofundme and similar services and that we should not use them. It may have been in a monthly broadcast, I’ve been unable to find it. Please help.

Possibly you're thinking of a video that is not available publicly, but made available to those who were not able to attend their assigned convention last year. So I'm not sure where you saw it. It was for the 2019 convention, and the video was from the first International Convention in Atlanta, Georgia. I used to have a copy of the video, and recall the mention of gofundme. It was in words something like this:

Now, a word of caution about money - and this is for the sake of the recipient. We want to make sure that we do this discreetly. So we don't have to have a GoFundMe app and put all their personal business out in the street, or make a tremendous announcement in the congregation. But individually we can do things very discreetly to maintain their dignity.

The quote is from a post made by @LindaL. here:

https://jwtalk.net/topic/40721-gofundme-for-a-young-venezuelan-sister/?do=findComment&comment=653922

Join the conversation with your brothers and sisters!

You can post now, and then we will take you to the membership application. If you are already a member, sign in now to post with your existing account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.