JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

any one like fishing

i enjoy fishing and some snorkling

here in aussie. near sydney a beautiful place called clovely.

you swim out to a protected area almost in shark land and see

the most beautiful blue groppers and they come up and feed from you,

many other beautiful fish.

I love to fish whats your favorite catch and magic moment anyone? gabe

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Sounds like my kind of fishing Gabe. Actually I enjoy being a " Fisher of Men" especially this month full of activities. :D

I can't imagine snorkeling with Great White Sharks around...Hammerheads or Bull sharks maybe.

A couple of years ago We had the chance to snorkle in the Caribbean with Parrot fish, Barracudas, schools of Blue Neon Tetras and an occasional turtle.

One of the friends wanted to charter a fishing boat for the day, but after snorkeling up close and interacting with them I just couldn't bring my self up to hooking into one. On the other hand hooking a Salmon or trout in the Pacific Northwest is my kind of fishing. Down where we live the friends have outdoor steak BBQ's, but up North it's Salmon BBQ's smoked over alder wood sprinkled with lemon and garlic. Throw some fresh Dungenous crab and butter clams in and you have a feast fit for a King! >:D<

i'm not a brave heart like that.

seem;s too many are being taken by a shark or bitten always on the news hear about someone getting attacked,

down south from me is a great place to do trout fishing. lots of fun.

sooo. peaceful, serenity is great,

my favorite catch before i has married was a 3 & 3/4 pound jewfish

many in the cong i grew up in would meet up in the bay where my folks and i and my brother

we spend friday afternoon. fishing great association and family time surrounded by the water and national

park behind us. sounds like a great recipe for salmon. thanks Michael i will give it a go one day. Gabe

:boating::sunshine:

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

similar to barrumdi they sometimes catch and release, i recently watched a fishing show

featured in lord how island, the water was turquoise green. they caught a green wrasse

the fish was awesome.bright turquoise, pink. and other shads of green. i love watching Jehovah;s

creation, a jewish a grouper that;s interesting always something new to lean :thumbsup::boating:

HI Luna i've been googling clovelly beach australia

and found on you tube an address. i dont know how to post the links and photo's

yet still learning the computer game.

i hope its an ok site. or you can check it out yourself

http://youtube/ug3xYR-AQ Check it out its awesome:

boating: :sunshine::boating::sunshine: gabe,

• 3 weeks later...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/utegod/P1050032.jpg

ok I have finally worked out how to paste and cut images. yesterday I went snorkling out to clovelly beach gorgeous

blue ocean so i will post some of Jehovah's beautiful delights

this beach is great and really protected .with life guards around and you feel like you are in a totaly different zone

nothing but you and the deep blue and the fish are protected. Gabe

• 2 months later...

http://www.seabreeze3.co.uk/galleries/bream/brlg05.jpg

many years ago when I had the time. One night my family and I caught a lot of Bream and Jewfish and shared them with the cong.

many loved fresh fish but couldn't afford to buy. or didn't have a boat.

Here is how I feel about being where fish are.

WHY I FISH

by John Volker

I fish

BECAUSE-- I love to.

BECAUSE-- I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful and

I hate the environs where crowds of people are found, which are invaribly ugly.

BECAUSE--- of all the television commercials, cocktail parties and the sordid social posturing

I thus escape.

BECAUSE--- in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight, an act of small rebellion.

BECAUSE---trout do not lie, or cheat, or cannot be bought or bribed, or impressed by power but respond only to gratitude and humility and endless patience.

BECAUSE---I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time and I for one don’t want to waste the trip.

BECAUSE---there are mercifully no telephones on trout waters.

BECAUSE---only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness.

BECAUSE---bourbon out of an old tin cup always tastes better out there.

BECAUSE---maybe one day I will catch a mermaid and finally NOT

BECAUSE---I regard fishing as being so terribly important but

BECAUSE---I suspect that the other concerns of men are equally unimportant and not nearly so much fun.

BECAUSE---there are mercifully no telephones on trout waters.

BECAUSE---only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness.

BECAUSE---bourbon out of an old tin cup always tastes better out there.

BECAUSE---maybe one day I will catch a mermaid and finally NOT

BECAUSE---I regard fishing as being so terribly important but

BECAUSE---I suspect that the other concerns of men are equally unimportant and not nearly so much fun.

I love it Chena345.

yes the peace and sorrenity up on the bays.or the lakes trout fishing, I will take anyday..There you don't hear the bad news.

no pressures..I know it happens lots else where but last night a few doors up a man was murdered. you hear cop sirens and firebrigade sirens go up and

done our st, 24/7.