JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Solomon Islands / Vanuata

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1384 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Are there by any chance any forum members (or do any have friends or family) from these Pacific Islands?

From reading I was doing, only 12 countries have not reported any Coronavirus cases.

The two largest countries not reporting any, are North Korea and Turkmenistan.

These lands we don't know anything about JW situation.

The next two largest (though not "big") are the Solomon Islands, and Vanuatu.

I was wondering how life is there for the brothers and sisters?

Is there a state of concern, or are they happily going on their business?

And have there been any preventive restrictions that have affected their work and gatherings?

6 hours ago, pholmes38 said:

I was wondering how life is there for the brothers and sisters?

Each body of elders is encouraged to use good judgement to determine if it would be advisable and safe for a number of publishers to attend meetings at the Kingdom Hall

(American Samoa, Cook Islands, Niue, Norfolk Island, Samoa, and Tonga)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Mykyl, 

Why are you confused?

This is the latest (10 July 2020 ) direction from the Branch in relation to the use of the Kingdom Halls in those countries. 

Since the question is about life of brothers and sisters over there, I have contributed in relation to what I know when it comes to our worship, and how brothers are affected over there in this regard. 

Hope my explanation helps. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

7 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Mykyl, 

Why are you confused?

This is the latest (10 July 2020 ) direction from the Branch in relation to the use of the Kingdom Halls in those countries. 

Since the question is about life of brothers and sisters over there, I have contributed in relation to what I know when it comes to our worship, and how brothers are affected over there in this regard. 

Hope my explanation helps. 

Yep. Its an ever moving situation.

Just seemed different to what Bro Morris said in that video we all had to go over this week. That it would likely be some time before there was a cure or vaccine so we could be meeting from home etc for some time. That's why I was confused.

Just wondered as cart work had been started in some countries and then closed down again after a letter was read. (I don't know what that letter said by the way.)

Edited by Mykyl

Just now, Mykyl said:

Yep. Its an ever moving situation.

Just seemed different to what Bro Morris said in that video we all had to go over this week. That it would likely be some time before there was a cure or vaccine so we could be meeting from home etc for some time. That's why I was confused.

We have received this direction on 10th July, from the Branch.

I trust that each Body, will make localised wise decision and health of our brothers will be a priority. 

In some Pacific countries there is zero cases, and borders are closed, therefore the danger to be infected with Covid-19 remains very low. 

Situation may change dramatically when the open the borders. (And then perhaps Branch will issue new updated directive)