JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1350 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It's nearly the end of the day, and I started thinking of the things I'm grateful for. Early this morning, over the fence, it all looked so pretty. There was a hard frost, the grass was pure white. Hovering over the frost was a white mist, and above that was fog descending through the early sunshine. I lit the fire, and had a coffee, the cosiness inside, the beauty outside.

Later I had a lovely visit with a one time neighbour and was able to share a hope for the future. In the afternoon I had a Bible study, and I can see her progress. So a pleasurable day in Jehovah's service.

In the midst of all the trouble in the world, right now I don't have to worry, we have the pension where we live. Who knows what will happen in the times ahead, but for now we have peace of mind.

We are so protected by Jehovah's organisation, and the directions we are given. We look forward with eagerness to the blessings in the new world. The convention programme this year really does give us a feeling of joy and happiness. I could go on and on.

What reasons for gratitude do you have?

Sent from my WAS-LX2 using Tapatalk

I remember when I was a child that every new adventure of childhood was scary. The first day of school, learning to ride a bicycle, exploring unknown areas, yet one of my parents were always behind me, telling me that I was doing the right thing and everything will be okay.

Every day is this system is a new adventure. Riots, fires, pandemics,  it can be very scary yet Jehovah and the earthly part of his organization are behind me saying this is the way, walk in it and I know I'm doing the right thing and everything will be okay. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 2 weeks later...

It's said that gratitude is the memories of the heart. Having watched Saturday afternoon of this convention, I think we'll all remember the wonderful programme the GB has given us this year. A year full of trouble and suffering, even death, for many, anxiety for so many others, as the world's economy teeters. When we look back, from the perspective of the new world, I think we'll all be so grateful for the joy and encouragement imparted to us, just when we needed it most. Truly, this convention is a great gift from Jehovah, I aim to treasure the memory of it in the days ahead. A light in a darkening world.

It's nearly the end of the day, and I started thinking of the things I'm grateful for. Early this morning, over the fence, it all looked so pretty. There was a hard frost, the grass was pure white. Hovering over the frost was a white mist, and above that was fog descending through the early sunshine. I lit the fire, and had a coffee, the cosiness inside, the beauty outside.
Later I had a lovely visit with a one time neighbour and was able to share a hope for the future. In the afternoon I had a Bible study, and I can see her progress. So a pleasurable day in Jehovah's service.
In the midst of all the trouble in the world, right now I don't have to worry, we have the pension where we live. Who knows what will happen in the times ahead, but for now we have peace of mind.
We are so protected by Jehovah's organisation, and the directions we are given. We look forward with eagerness to the blessings in the new world. The convention programme this year really does give us a feeling of joy and happiness. I could go on and on.
What reasons for gratitude do you have?

57171855b14ef80f32f1c864f967c6ce.jpg
Beautiful rain at my sisters place

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forgive freely as Jehovah Freely forgives us :)