JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Looking edgewise into the Milky Way

I found these photos of our Milky Way Galaxy GLORIOUSLY beautiful: :D 

https://earthsky.org/todays-image/photos-summer-milky-way-aug-2020?

spacer.png

Javier Elias captured this image on August 21, 2020, and wrote: “Milky Way at Costa Ballena Beach in Chipiona, Cadiz, Spain, with Jupiter and Saturn standing out in the picture.” 

spacer.png

William Mathe captured this image on August 15, 2020, and wrote: “Hiked up to the top of Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado … just below 12,000 feet. Was greeted with a raging forest fire about 10 miles to the west. This is/was the Cameron Peak fire when it was ‘only’ 4,000 acres. It’s now more than triple that size at 17,500 acres … This is the 2nd- or 3rd-largest fire burning right now in Colorado. Took a few snaps of it at sunset with the smoke and ash raining down like a summer snow … hung around long enough to get a couple of snaps of the Milky Way. Super nasty conditions and you can see the brown clouds of smoke hanging in the valley below the rock outcrop on which I was perched.”

spacer.png

Puya Hosseini caught this image on August 12, 2020, and wrote: “Went backpacking in the John Muir Wilderness. This shot was taken at the very end of ‘blue light’ before a terrifically clear, dark night set in. There was no wind, and Duck Lake – up at 11,000 feet elevation – was so glassy calm the Milky Way reflected in the water. Jupiter and Saturn can be seen shining bright next to the galactic core.” 

All the glory for this glorious creation goes to our Creator, Jehovah God. :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I can't wait to have all the world to be able to see something like this. 

Scenes like this have to be away from air pollution and light pollution and have good optics to get those excellent images. 

One day the whole earth will be free from all forms of pollution. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible