JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Satan KNOWS something about you that he doesn't want

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1167 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Satan definitely knows what works. It could be something very inconsequential that we would probably take for granted, no big deal, right? However once we're used to accepting whatever that is, he moves on to something else, so he can gradually break down our spiritual immune system. Take the current pandemic situation. We may feel like no one knows whether I'm on Zoom or not, so I'll just miss the meeting. This gets easier to accept after a while. Then we start filling that time frame with something else. Pretty soon, the friends begin wondering where we've been. We become embarrassed that someone noticed, which sometimes makes it worse. My friends, be determined not to let Satan make that first step! It could mean your life!

On 12/18/2020 at 6:53 PM, woodeneye said:

Satan definitely knows what works. It could be something very inconsequential that we would probably take for granted, no big deal, right? However once we're used to accepting whatever that is, he moves on to something else, so he can gradually break down our spiritual immune system. Take the current pandemic situation. We may feel like no one knows whether I'm on Zoom or not, so I'll just miss the meeting. This gets easier to accept after a while. Then we start filling that time frame with something else. Pretty soon, the friends begin wondering where we've been. We become embarrassed that someone noticed, which sometimes makes it worse. My friends, be determined not to let Satan make that first step! It could mean your life!

Yes so true , also harder sometimes to notice if someone is missing or perhaps fading perhaps not on camera so we don't notice them getting less enthusiastic, or less involved then they were when at the Kingdom Hall, satan is ready and waiting to capitalise ! 

Your comment reminds me to watch out for our friends.

Like a recent talk and our new study book said that if Satan doesn't succeed at one particular time he'll come back when the time is" convenient," just like he did with Jesus! Thus the reason to be on guard, always making sure we have plenty to do, not for the world, working, making more money to buy more and more things to over satisfy our material wants and desires, but making sure we take advantage of our peaceful time to build up ourselves and one another. We can become lax in our zoom meetings and not take them seriously, becoming sleepy as it were, being glad just to stay in the background and becoming hearers only. Show your faces on zoom ( if your device allows it ) if not you can still answer with audio to let others know that you are there and " paying attention to the more important things ".

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2020 at 3:44 AM, Meditate! said:

He just doesn't want YOU to know or believe it! 

There was no option for a 5 star 'gem" rating...

So, had to comment.

💎💎💎💎💎

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances.