JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Google Alerts

Since I've mentioned this a few times, I thought I'd provide more information on it if or anyone else who likes to watch the media/news for prophecies.

Google Alerts is basically a service google has if you use gmail where you can set key words like tags, that if they pop up in news or blogs (you can set both or just one) on the internet, it will email you daily, sometimes hourly depending on frequency links to those articles.

https://www.google.com/alerts#

So like for example, if you set "Ban Religion" it gives these options:

Source would be where the articles are, news, blogs, discussions, or all. For legit articles and not fake news, mostly stick to news, maybe blogs.

How often is when it alerts you, how many is best or all, and region you can say world or everywhere.

Then under it shows an example.

Now the DOWNSIDE of this is that it's not a "Ban Religion" but "Ban" and "Religion" so if any of those words appear in the article not just together, it will pick it up.

But for the sake of keeping up to date with things in the news, it helps filter out unimportant or trash articles.

image.thumb.png.818742750e37c789b0b560d68f0d43bb.png

This is what it looks like when set and they email you (these are the ones I have set)

image.png.637f8a9cdbd23e706f846ce206528712.png

Edited by Nirex

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB