JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I would like to post more pics but....I need help!

My computer went down some time ago and we had a brother come and fix it...He fixed it so I can use it but now the pics are messed up...I used to be able to see the pictures in the thumbnails but now all I see is icons with cameras and cant see the pics..this is so frustrating because I have 100's of pictures I have to go through before I can pic one. I know I know I should take a puter course...I will eventually but for now...

Please :help: !

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

wow...you have you work cut out for you...I just found this post again...lol Windows 7 home premium

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

wow...you have you work cut out for you...I just found this post again...lol Windows 7 home premium

OK, use Windows explorer (not Internet Explorer) to go to the folder that contains the pictures you need. Right-mouse click on an empty space in the folder and choose "View" from the right-click menu and then choose "Large icons".

From then on, that folder will always display the pictures in it as large thumbnails. Do the same to all your picture folders.

You can do it to every folder under "my pictures" at the same time by highlighting the My Picture folder in Windows explorer and going to the menu bar at the top and choose the "view" menu and set the view to "large icons". this will affect all the sub folders under "My pictures".

I hope this helps!

anymore suggestions? please help if there' s something else I can do let me know...gettin ready to leap from the coffee table!:wave:

So, you can see the pictures in a folder, but they are listed by file name and not an icon or thumbnail, right? But you can click on them and they will open, right again?

When they open, what program do they open in?

jpg. file names are IMAG1052 IMAG1053 etc all they show is a icon with a picture of a camera and below the words IMAG1052. they are in my pictures library and when I click on them they open up in HPMedia smart

97201=5367-pic of pics.png Hope this helps i have over a 1000 pics and I have to click on them all if I want to find a particular pic

OK, Try this. Right mouse click on one of the jpg files and when the right-click menu pops up, move the cursor to "Open with", then when the sub-menu pops up, look all the way at the bottom and click on "choose default program". Then look at all the program choices and highlight "Windows photo viewer" and check the box that says "Always use the selected program to open this type of file". Then make sure Windows photo viewer is still highlighted and click on "OK".

See if the icons are now thumbnails, if they're not, do what I outlined before and right-click on an empty space in the folder and choose "View Large icons"

Hope this works. I'm thinking the HP program doesn't allow this option.

Okay Chuck I tried everything exactly as you said step by step...I think my puter is missing something since it crashed I used to be able to look at a whole page full of icons with the actual pictures on them so I knew what to click on but now all the icons are the same picture...oh well no time to leap from the coffee table now...I just hate wasting so much time clicking on each one to see what they are...thanks anyway!

The little "camera icons" are generated by "HP media smart" program. If you changed the default picture viewer program as I outlined, those icons should revert to Windows default icon and you can then choose "large icons" which are thumbnails. I don't know why they didn't if you followed the above directions.

Sorry, that's all I have. :)

I tried to send a video of exactly what I did but it said that the file was too large...getting late...try again later g'night:perplexed: