JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Random Thoughts About Paradise

Dages

This topic will be used to write random ideas (speculations) about Paradise (still in the topic about the place we will live, to stay on topic).

I don't think I'll post many ideas, but feel free to comment and add your own.

This first one is about "property" and "passing of time".

So, in my daily reading, I was in Numbers 26:52-56

That made me thing about our Promised Land, Paradise. So obviously I thought about Daniel 12:13.

We may have a "lot" (a lot of blessings, yeah :D but also a "lot", a designated area to live)

The book of Ezekiel has a similar idea (chap 47...)

So I was thinking, well, we don't know yet, but... whatever :D 

Let's say, you are given 1 ha (2 acres+) of land at the beginning. It's your lot (God-given lot?)

You build in this land, you grow food, tools, products.

You name the area (directly or indirectly, by the local friends you get to know you) : the windmills are a landmark and you make also good aged wine : "Anavim haruach" (The grapes of wind?:D yeah, hebrew nvm :D)

photo-1506780444084-0e121609d32d?ixid=Mn

It's like a local (not World, let's keep humble :D) Heritage site.

After some centuries, you decide (are allowed?) to move to another place, in another region.

That makes me wonder...

(we are already deep in the LOT speculation, we can go deeper :D)

What would you do with your "Anavim Haruach" local Heritage God-given lot, with its famous windmill and many friends have been enjoying with you. 

Well, you'll give it to some friends who moved in the region recently... and there you can go to your new place... 

After some centuries/millenia, on a world tour hiking trip, you may come back to your good old "Anavim Haruach" lot. But everything has changed, it's not longer a windmill and a vineyard.

It's now divided in smaller lot with a big library, a portion of the local market and a warehouse.

Ho, ok :(

It's no longer your plot so the friends were free to do whatever they pleased, or needed, many things have changed, new families, new stuff. Ok. :(

You walk in the new paths (well, they have been plotted and used for centuries but it's new for you, your last memories were the above picture).

You say hello to some friends you know (you're still in the area ? That's crazy ! Tell me about it, let's get some coffee and cupcake at the market.) They tell you the story of the area after your departure. That's fascinating.

Then, the friend invites you in the Library to show you something. The inside of the building is large, with many shelves full of books. It's very colourful, but also very quiet. You finally arrive at the counter at the far end of the room and your friend tells you to look up at a huge painting on the wall.

0200704001520014590.jpg

Near the painting, there is a golden plate : "Anavim Haruach".

It isn't forgotten, the original, God-given lot is still here, it's different, but it's still here. :crying:

You feel so happy... and grateful. You pray Jehovah in your heart. 🥰

------------

Will Paradise will be like that ? We don't know. 

Anyway, "thinking about Paradise is a nice hobby" :D 

Edited by Dages

During the first moments in Paradise, what about the single friends, and the married couples without children... and the whole families.

Are we going to be allowed to move? Single and childless couples could be. It's easy.

But with children, we could be asked to remain in the area until the children are able to work. 🤔

• 2 weeks later...

Present system: A person can build what they want depending on how much money they have.

Paradise: Voluntary system, so who will build? Will we have LDC groups dedicated to going around helping you build your house? Since very few people have the skills to build an entire house all by themselves: Plumbing, electric, drywall, masonry, HVAC, etc. 

How will it be determined how much work will be put into building each house?  

Who decides, or how does it get decided, what kind of a house you will have. What if someone wants a small/medium/large house. Will you be allowed to have the size of house you want, or will it automatically be dictated by the size of your household? Certain houses are complex due to style, not size. What if someone wants a house that has a complex style. How much effort goes into helping them accomplish this? What if volunteers think it is a whim and don't want to spend time/energy on it? In the present system, the ability to build is limited by money. Will our future home styles be based on a committee's approval?

Interesting. Maybe at first we will need to focus on the 1000 years world so practical stuff only ? Nothing prevent you too learn the skills to improve your house alone. And friends may want to help out of love and to improve their own skills too.

Edited by Dages

7 hours ago, Dages said:

And friends may want to help

But this is the issue. It would be changing one restriction for another. So in the Old World now our ability to build a house is based on money. But in the New World in Paradise, our ability to how much we can put into building a house will be based on how many friends we have?? (Yes, I know we can learn all the aspects of building a house, but that would take a long time, and my question is, in the meantime?) 

In the meantime, you would have at least a basic roof above your head, I guess? 

I don't understand the "restriction" you are writing about.

Life in Paradise is based on love and giving. Satan won't be there, we will be growing toward perfection. Building houses and growing food will be one of the main thing we do.

I imagine we will be all tinkering with our own house to make it better, and doing it with/for the friends.

What kind of house do you want by the way? There are plenty of models in this club :D

Edited by Dages

9 hours ago, Dages said:

In the meantime, you would have at least a basic roof above your head, I guess? 

Either use the houses currently in place (but they might have materials that are toxic), or quick build houses?

9 hours ago, Dages said:

I don't understand the "restriction" you are writing about.

Life in Paradise is based on love and giving. Satan won't be there, we will be growing toward perfection. Building houses and growing food will be one of the main thing we do.

Let's say person X wants a 1,000 sq ft house. Person Y wants a 2,000 sq ft house. Person Z wants a 3,000 sq ft house. Some people may feel that what someone wants is excessive or a whim. That is an opinion. And that's ok. We don't have to like the same things. But how will you decide how much help you give to someone, or how much help you can receive from someone? Some people have very different ideas about what they want/need for themselves, and therefore, how much they want/need to give to others. 

9 hours ago, Dages said:

What kind of house do you want by the way? There are plenty of models in this club :D

I've previously posted examples here of organic architecture 🙂

Let's say person X wants a 1,000 sq ft house. Person Y wants a 2,000 sq ft house. Person Z wants a 3,000 sq ft house. Some people may feel that what someone wants is excessive or a whim. That is an opinion. And that's ok. We don't have to like the same things. But how will you decide how much help you give to someone, or how much help you can receive from someone? Some people have very different ideas about what they want/need for themselves, and therefore, how much they want/need to give to others. 

2000 sqft... could be useful for my underground wine/whisky cellar 🤔:D

cave1-e1572967967792.jpg

Interesting. I don't think we will think too much about other people tastes and expectations about their home in Paradise.

I mean, at first, as you say : quick build houses are great, even tents would be enough for some friends.

And do we really want to do our dream house in the first lot we will be given ? Right away ?

I think the 1000 years will be useful for first drafts, tests and tries.

10 hours ago, Dages said:

And do we really want to do our dream house in the first lot we will be given ? Right away ?

Well, I want to be able to move on to other simultaneous projects, not get stuck on just one....having a home base established would be nice to be able to move on to other things. 

• 2 weeks later...

Another idea, the Millenia Table

What about planting a tree for the first day of Paradise, like a tree that get very big and live more than 1000 years.

At the end of the 1000 years, cut the tree and make a table with a slice of it.

image.png.7f91a31d998ee91d1525743cdab739c5.png

Then you'll get a table with a 1000 ring calendar like table. That you'll be able to put in one of the room of your house.

Then, you'll be able to use it to explain your story to your grand-x-x-x------children, and to your guests :D 

What do you think ?

On 5/15/2021 at 4:04 PM, Dages said:

Another idea, the Millenia Table

What about planting a tree for the first day of Paradise, like a tree that get very big and live more than 1000 years.

At the end of the 1000 years, cut the tree and make a table with a slice of it.

image.png.7f91a31d998ee91d1525743cdab739c5.png

Then you'll get a table with a 1000 ring calendar like table. That you'll be able to put in one of the room of your house.

Then, you'll be able to use it to explain your story to your grand-x-x-x------children, and to your guests :D 

What do you think ?

That is a beautiful idea.  I love that table.  I like rustic with a touch of modern.  But, I feel that when we enter into the new world a tent will be fine for me.  Wherever that may be.  Also, imagine that eventually we will be working with a full deck of cards (brain) perfect brain after the 1000 years or, before not fully, but without interference from the evil spirits.

When  I think of the NW my mind races.  I don't know where to start.  When I get there "IF" I get there look for an open liquor store.  You will find me in there because, of total disbelief I made it!

Could you imagine?  This is all going to happen soon!  I told my husband I like mediterranean style homes also.  Did I spell that right?  I want to live in Greece. Always wanted to.  But, to think that we will make it I will be satisfied with a tent.  I have seen the homes on this forum.  Breathtaking for sure!

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2021 at 3:22 PM, Dages said:

2000 sqft... could be useful for my underground wine/whisky cellar 🤔:D

cave1-e1572967967792.jpg

Interesting. I don't think we will think too much about other people tastes and expectations about their home in Paradise.

I mean, at first, as you say : quick build houses are great, even tents would be enough for some friends.

I think the 1000 years will be useful for first drafts, tests and tries.

I want one!  Oh yeah, whenever I feel like disappearing this will be the place.

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 6:04 PM, M.J. said:

Present system: A person can build what they want depending on how much money they have.

Paradise: Voluntary system, so who will build? Will we have LDC groups dedicated to going around helping you build your house? Since very few people have the skills to build an entire house all by themselves: Plumbing, electric, drywall, masonry, HVAC, etc. 

How will it be determined how much work will be put into building each house?  

Who decides, or how does it get decided, what kind of a house you will have. What if someone wants a small/medium/large house. Will you be allowed to have the size of house you want, or will it automatically be dictated by the size of your household? Certain houses are complex due to style, not size. What if someone wants a house that has a complex style. How much effort goes into helping them accomplish this? What if volunteers think it is a whim and don't want to spend time/energy on it? In the present system, the ability to build is limited by money. Will our future home styles be based on a committee's approval?

Since we will be in the NW I really don't care how long it takes to build mine.  I will have all the time in the world.  I can put a stone down every day, then a beam, wood, flooring, ceiling maybe it will take me 100 years to build.  Noah and his 3 sons built the Ark in about 40 to 50 years.  And they weren't on LDC.

I guess we don't need much people to build our homes.

In the meantime, my being in the new world will suffice for me.  I will pitch a tent on my land.  Sounds exquisite.

8 hours ago, cme said:

In the meantime, my being in the new world will suffice for me.  I will pitch a tent on my land.  Sounds exquisite.

LOL When Abraham resurrects, and someone offers him a tent, I want to be there to see what happens. As I recall, he was awaitng the city with 'real foundation'. 

I think some of us are tired from wandering and would like a more permananet place to lay our head. 

the Millenia Table

What do you think ?

I am thinking that I should put some seeds in my go-bag, so I'm ready to plant on day one. There is only one FIRST day. I've got to get it done. It will be super special if it can be done that very first day ♥️ ...I'm wondering what seed of tree I should choose? Any suggestions?

Edited by M.J.

I personally love live oak trees...but I'll have to think this over...open to more suggestions...I have to investigate what tree has a long life span, is appropriate for my area (South East USA) and also it would be nice if it produces fruit. Just want to know all the options first.

Olive Tree of Vouves:

This ancient olive tree is located on the Greek island of Crete and is one of seven olive trees in the Mediterranean believed to be at least 2,000 to 3,000 years old. Although its exact age cannot be verified, the Olive Tree of Vouves might be the oldest among them, estimated at over 3,000 years old. It still produces olives, and they are highly prized. Olive trees are hardy and drought-, disease- and fire-resistant — part of the reason for their longevity and their widespread use in the region.

https://www.treehugger.com/the-worlds-oldest-living-trees-4869356

• 3 weeks later...