JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Friday, April 30 It is to us God has revealed them.​—1 Cor. 2:10.

Friday, April 30

It is to us God has revealed them.—1 Cor. 2:10.

Perhaps you are wondering if you have been anointed by holy spirit. If so, think about these important questions: Do you have a burning desire to do Jehovah’s will? Do you feel that you are especially zealous in the preaching work? Are you a keen student of God’s Word who loves to learn about “the deep things of God”? Do you feel that Jehovah has given you wonderful results in the preaching work? Do you have a deep inner feeling of responsibility to help others spiritually? Have you seen proof that Jehovah has helped you in many specific ways in your life? If you answer these questions with a resounding yes, does this prove that you now have the heavenly calling? No, it does not. Why not? Because all of God’s servants can feel this way. In fact, if you are wondering whether you have been anointed by holy spirit, such doubt in itself would mean that you have not been. Those called by Jehovah do not wonder whether they have been anointed or not! They know! w20.01 23 ¶14

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

When I was 8 my mother was called on and studied with by a sister called Norah Wackett , her and her husband and family were very well known for their preaching  on the island we lived on , so much so it was know as 'Wacketts racket '  in the area we lived , they were responsible for setting up the congregation , Norahs zeal ,love , courage and love for Jehovah was outstanding, their life and home was dedicated to Jehovahs Service and to the congregation.

I remember saying to her that she surely must be anointed and remember her saying she had no desire to be , she looked forward to a life on earth meeting ancient faithful ones and being with her family for ever.

What a kind and clear way to help those of us with an earthly hope to have an understanding where we belong. Those in the first century were anointed with a tongue fire over them. It gave them  the ability to speak in tongues but no doubt so much more than we will ever know or be able to understand.  Sometimes I wish I would be anointed with a fire under me ...you know...to motivate me to do more for Jehovah.  

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah