JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Daily Text... in Three Words (Cont.)

Monday May 17

Go on carrying the burdens of one another.

Commendably, many congregations and individuals do what they can to enable those in full-time service (FTS) to remain in their assignments. They do so by encouraging them to continue their work, by giving them financial or other material support, or by helping them to care for their family members back home.

If those in full-time service receive a new assignment to your congregation, do not view the change of assignment as an indication that they somehow failed or were disciplined. Instead, help them to make the transition easier.

Give them a warm welcome and commend them for the work they have done, even if poor health limits what they can do at present. Get to know them. Learn from their wealth of knowledge, training, and experience. Initially, those receiving a new assignment may need your help to obtain housing, transportation, work, and other basic necessities.

Link: Image source — Fields of Full-Time Service

Monday, May 17

Go on carrying the burdens of one another.—Gal. 6:2.

Help full-time servants

WESC* full-time servants 

*Welcome, Encourage, Support, Commend 

Edited by Dismal_Bliss

Deleted attachment at member's request

Tuesday, May 18
I [will] sanctify myself through you before their eyes, O Gog.

Gog will trust in his “arm of flesh”—his military might. We will trust in Jehovah our God—a stand that will seem foolish to the nations.

After all, the gods of the once powerful Babylon the Great did not save her from “the wild beast” and its “ten horns”!  So Gog will expect an easy victory. “Like clouds covering the land,” he will attack Jehovah’s people.

But Gog will soon see that he has marched into a trap. Like Pharaoh at the Red Sea, Gog will learn that he is fighting against Jehovah.  Christ and his heavenly armies will defend God’s people and crush Gog’s hordes. 

But what about Jehovah’s chief enemy, Satan, whose lying propaganda led the nations to Armageddon? Jesus will hurl him and his demons into an abyss, where they will be locked away for a thousand years

Wednesday, May 19

Keep in expectation of it! For it will without fail come true.

We naturally long for the good things that Jehovah has promised. However, when the fulfillment of our expectations appears to be delayed, it may dampen our enthusiasm. We could even lose heart. 

This happened at the beginning of the 20th century. At that time, many anointed Christians expected to receive their heavenly reward in 1914. When that did not happen, how did faithful ones deal with their delayed expectations?

They did not give up the race for life, because their primary focus was on faithfully doing God’s will, not on gaining their reward. They were determined to run the race with endurance. No doubt you long to see Jehovah vindicate his name and sovereignty and fulfill all his promises. Be assured that these things will happen in Jehovah’s due time.

Until then, may we keep busy serving our God, never allowing postponed expectations to discourage us or slow us down.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/h/r1/lp-e

Thursday, May 20

I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart

Ask yourself: ‘Do I have a reputation for being mild-tempered and humble? Do I willingly do menial jobs to serve others? Am I kind to others?’

Jesus created a peaceful, inviting environment for his fellow workers, and he enjoyed training them.  He encouraged his disciples to ask questions, and he wanted to hear their opinions.

Much like plants in a greenhouse, the disciples flourished. They absorbed the lessons that Jesus taught and produced fruit in the form of good works. Do you have a position of authority? If so, ask yourself: ‘What kind of environment do I create at work or at home? Do I promote peace? Do I encourage others to ask questions? And am I willing to hear their opinions?’

Never would we want to be like the Pharisees, who resented those who questioned them and persecuted those who expressed an opinion contrary to their own

Friday, May 21

Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them.

World leaders sometimes use similar expressions when they talk about stabilizing relationships between nations. However, the announcement of “peace and security” that the Bible describes will be different. Why?

When this happens, people may think that world leaders have succeeded in making the world a safer, more secure place. But in reality, “sudden destruction” will follow as the “great tribulation” unfolds. 

We do not know what will lead up to the declaration or how it will be made. And we do not know whether it will involve just one proclamation or a series of announcements.

Whatever happens, we do know this: We should not be fooled into thinking that world leaders can actually achieve world peace. Rather, it is the signal that “Jehovah’s day” is about to begin

Edited by Mclove

Friday, May 21

Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them.—1 Thess. 5:3.

PS* = “sudden destruction”

PS humanly unachievable

*Peace & Security 

Edited by Dismal_Bliss

Deleted attachment at member's request

Saturday, May 22

During that time your people will escape.

The war of Armageddon will be the grand finale to the conclusion of this system of things. However, we have nothing to fear. Why?

Because this will be God’s fight. At Jehovah’s signal, Jesus Christ will lead the charge. He will have alongside him the resurrected anointed ones and myriads of angels. Together, they will war against Satan, his demons, and their earthly forces. 

Jehovah has guaranteed: “No weapon formed against you will have any success.”  “A great crowd” of Jehovah’s faithful worshippers will “come out of the great tribulation” alive! Then they will continue to render him sacred service. 

How the Bible fills us with confidence about the future! We know that “Jehovah protects the faithful.”  All who love and praise Jehovah will delight to see him vindicate his holy name

Sunday, May 23

A true friend shows love at all times.

As we move deeper into “the last days,” we may face severe adversities.  For example, after an election campaign, a country in western Africa was torn apart by social unrest and mob violence. For over six months, our brothers and sisters could not move about freely because they were in a combat zone.

What helped them to cope with such hardships? Some found refuge in the homes of brothers living in a safer area. One brother reported: “In such a situation, I appreciated having friends around me. We were able to encourage one another.”

When “the great tribulation” strikes, we will appreciate having good friends who love us.  So it is urgent that we build strong bonds of friendship now. 

Why? Because our enemies will try to divide us by means of lies and misinformation. They will try to turn us against one another. But their efforts will be wasted. They will be unable to break our bonds of love.