JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I saw the awake about the step parents and it made me think about my stepmother. I should have gave her that awake but it wouldn't do any good because my daddy left her about 5 years ago. What she need is a magazine about how to treat her children. Whenever her children has money she takes their money and spends it or make them by groceries with it. We can buy them food from burger king and she'll take it from them and eat it. She took their cellphone for no reason and won't let the oldest girl wear the new clothes her aunt gave her. Saturday, my step mom came over to my daddy's sister house to cook for us (really, she was hoping she will see my daddy) and made the nastiest food. Anyway she worked her children like dogs and fussed at them. A year ago the oldest son ran away hoping he can stay with his daddy in Texas but it didn't work out good. He came back home. He threatened to hit his mother and I'm scared that one day those kids are going to kill their mother or my step mom is going to kill them. I wish I could save them but I can't. I should have gave them my number for when they need to call me. My aunt and uncle don't know what to neither do I. Just hope my I don't catch her yelling at my stepbrothers and sisters when I turn 18.

I saw the awake about the step parents and it made me think about my stepmother. I should have gave her that awake but it wouldn't do any good because my daddy left her about 5 years ago. What she need is a magazine about how to treat her children. Whenever her children has money she takes their money and spends it or make them by groceries with it. We can buy them food from burger king and she'll take it from them and eat it. She took their cellphone for no reason and won't let the oldest girl wear the new clothes her aunt gave her. Saturday, my step mom came over to my daddy's sister house to cook for us (really, she was hoping she will see my daddy) and made the nastiest food. Anyway she worked her children like dogs and fussed at them. A year ago the oldest son ran away hoping he can stay with his daddy in Texas but it didn't work out good. He came back home. He threatened to hit his mother and I'm scared that one day those kids are going to kill their mother or my step mom is going to kill them. I wish I could save them but I can't. I should have gave them my number for when they need to call me. My aunt and uncle don't know what to neither do I. Just hope my I don't catch her yelling at my stepbrothers and sisters when I turn 18.

What are you now. 12?

I am so sorry to hear about your delima. It is hurtful to say the least. I shared custody of my children with my ex and I would be in tears many times after hearing the things they told me about their step mother. She would pick the kids up from school (she had 4 of her own and then my three)--they said that she would bring McDonalds as an afterschool snack sometimes and the van would be smelling of burgers and fries as soon as all of them got in. My daughter would tell me that she would pass the burgers and fries around to her kids and not have anything for them (she and her 2 brothers)--if they asked she would say sorry--not enough money. They learned to quit asking. I would give them money for school activities (football games, etc) or the state fair and the step mom would take it and divide it beteen all of them--because it was not fair they would have more money than hers. How she could rationalize this is not possible so it just boils down to jealousy and meaness. My daughter said at school one day her step sisters left class early and were giggeling and staring at my daughter. My daughter said that after school her step mom was not there to pick them up so they ended up getting a ride home with another family. When the did get home they walked into the house and it was almost empty--furniture gone from the living room and the kids beds. ALL the food was gone from the kitchen. When their dad got him only then did they realize that their step mother had left her father and did not tell any of them--including their dad. I tried many times to talk to my ex but he would not stand up for the children. If I bought my kids clothes they would have to share them with their step siblings. It is still painful to reflect on even though it is long in the past--22 years ago.

I wish I could make it go away for you but I can not. It did help when I learned the Truth and the pleading for understanding and finally acceptance then forgiveness was the only way the pain would go away.

I know you want to help but it is very hard if they have a parent who does not step in.

Do you share the Truth with your siblings?? Just remember you can not take revenge no matter how good you think it would feel. Just think how miserable they must be to have to live with themselves (your step mom)

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!