JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

tornado outbreak for the U.S.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4366 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I am viewing the CNN news reports on the outbreaks in the areas! Are there any friends in the Kansas, Central Plains (especially Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska) area(s)? How are you faring?

I am in Texas and fortunately we are at a slight risk for the tornadoes. We had an outbreak couple weeks ago, 17 tornadoes touched down in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. After that, I am good for a break in tornadoes for our area.

I do hope that whatever happens, the friends in these areas are ok.

I'm in SW Iowa. There was a confirmed tornado on the ground about 15-20 miles NW of us. A couple from our hall live in that town. Hope they were in shelter and are ok. Huge, nasty line of storms moving out of Nebraska into Iowa right now heading this way. Some friends of our's who live about 1 hour west of us had about 3" of rain in a VERY short time. He pumped 66 gallons of water out of their basment and were waiting for round 2 awhile ago. Looks to be hitting them right now. Hope all our brothers and sisters are safe!

My dear brothers and sisters. Although, the Bible doesn't mention the tornadoes, we know what the Bible says about it. And, we are going to see more of this. The weather pattern is changing due to the global warming. The mankind is ruining the Earth. (Rev. 11:18) This is what the Society had wrote last year about another disaster, worse than tornadoes:

"WHAT DO THE FACTS SHOW? When a magnitude 7.0 earthquake struck Haiti in January 2010, more than 300,000 people were killed. An additional 1.3 million were rendered homeless in an instant. Although extreme, the quake in Haiti was not an isolated event. At least 18 major earthquakes occurred earth wide between April 2009 and April 2010. Consider this fact: The Bible does not emphasize the number of earthquakes during the last days. However, it does say that “great earthquakes” will occur “in one place after another,” making them one of the notable features of this momentous period of history.—Mark 13:8; Luke 21:11.

WHAT DO YOU THINK? Are we seeing great earthquakes, just as the Bible foretold? Earthquakes alone may not seem to be conclusive evidence that we are living in the last days. Yet, they are only one prophecy that is being fulfilled..."

The Bible doesn't emphasize about tornadoes; but, we know that the intensity and the steadfastness in which they occurred is because we live in last days. This days, men are "lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming," more than ever; and for that reason they ruining the earth. (2 Tim. 3:1-5)