JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

going on a photo workshop this weekend

RichardPNZ

finally get to go after last one postponed.

• 9.00am - Meet at Photospace, 1st floor, 37 Courtenay Place 

• 9.15 am - Exposure and shooting in manual mode

• 10.30 am - Morning tea

• 11:00 am- Camera Settings, Lenses and Focus

• 1:00 pm - Lunch break

• 1:30 pm - Photography around Pukeahu War Memorial

• 3:30 pm- Image review session at Photospace 5:00 pm - Workshop finishes

• 5:00 pm - Workshop finishes

What do you want to learn Richard?

I use Canon 6D mark 2 and Fujifilm X S10 

If I can help in anyway please let me know. 

I am currently preparing for photo-shoots of rainforests & waterfalls here in Victoria. (Once we come out from lockdown :facepalmpo2:)

Richard I highly recommend Adobe Lightroom for correcting and editing of your photos, it's fantastic. 

Edited by New World Explorer

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

42 minutes ago, RichardPNZ said:

Main ones are confidence and practice. Student numbers are limited so there will be one to one instruction  from a professional photographer.

Also it  is a mental health day

In the past I have attended workshop with Australian photographer Ken Duncan. https://www.kenduncan.com/

It was fun.

For me photography is lees technical (Of course we need to know basics, and sometimes bit more) but just being in the "company" of creation is sufficient to me.

I am planning (I hope) to increase my skills, and produce better results, which is not always easy as I love rainforests, and the lighting is often problematic, too much sun and contrasts destroy the feel, so I will try to target more (bright) overcast weather...or even misty weather.

I like conditions like this below (credit to Ken D) 

https://www.kenduncan.com/product/misty-morning-strzelecki-ranges-vic-vx93/

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Really enjoyed the workshop and learned a   motion blur for a bit.lot.  Going to work on motion blur for a bit till I get it right. 

Was also amazed at just how much  information modern  cameras give you.

Also got a new camera strap a peak design slide. Camera sits more comfortably on your hip. The grey one has better materials.

Around second part of November (Can't wait!) I will be going on photography tour of Otways National Park and surrounding coastal areas (hoping for nice sunset or sunrise shoots on the coast) 

I will be in the area for 3-4 days. 

https://www.parks.vic.gov.au/places-to-see/parks/great-otway-national-park?utm_source=google&utm_medium=maps&utm_campaign=GMB-2020