JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Thursday, October 28 By this all will know that you are my disciples​—if you have love among yourselves.​—John 13:35.

Thursday, October 28

By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.—John 13:35.

Jesus said that his true disciples would be clearly identifiable if they showed the same sort of love that he displayed. That statement was true in the first century, and it is true today. How important it is that we overcome any challenges and show love for one another! Ask yourself: ‘What can I learn from brothers and sisters who have continued to show love for one another despite challenges?’ Human imperfection makes it difficult for us to show intense love for one another. Even so, we must try to imitate Christ. Jesus taught us the importance of making peace with a brother who has something against us. (Matt. 5:23, 24) He emphasized that we need to maintain good relations with others if we are to please God. Jehovah is happy when we do our best to make peace with our brothers. He will not accept our worship if we hang on to resentment and refuse even to try to make peace.—1 John 4:20. w20.03 24 ¶1-4

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Do we forgive even if we are not at fault? Or we might say/think that all the brothers & sisters are having the same problem with the behavior of the brother/sister who wronged me. The best thing Jehovah wants us to do is to continue treating the brother/sister with “intense love” & “freely forgiving” him/her. 
We imitate Jehovah & Jesus by not judging others based on their race, level of education, their financial standing, position of responsibility in the Organization, etc.

Jehovah also wants us to be hospitable but I need to ask myself: Do I extend invitations (of any nature) to only those who are close to me, or in my circle of friends/clique? If my answer is Yes, then where is the “Love amongst ourselves” Jesus is talking about?

Edited by Elnathan

I like this line "What can I learn from brothers and sisters who have continued to show love for one another despite challenges?’"  Love conquers many things. Even our own lack. To all my friends, I love you.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah