JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

question on picture/avitar

I have tried to put in picture to use but it wont allow it, is this something that you can do with full access?

Also, since I haven't been able to put one in, why am I seeing a sad face over my name? That was a little disturbing. I didn't put it there and don't know who did.

http://www.jwtalk.net/forum/read.php?19,3491,3491#msg-3491

you need to re size your picture this link shows you how,

I have tried to put in picture to use but it wont allow it, is this something that you can do with full access?

Also, since I haven't been able to put one in, why am I seeing a sad face over my name? That was a little disturbing. I didn't put it there and don't know who did.

The only place you can find perfection , is in the dictionary.

http://www.jwtalk.net/forum/read.php?19,3491,61913#msg-61913

Try this one instead Bob gives a step by step guide

The only place you can find perfection , is in the dictionary.

I just tried to do that, I downloaded GiMP like was recommemded. I changed my picture pixels to 125/125, Saved. When I then went into site to put in picture, clicked Browse. Choose picture and the file directions come up, click Submit and the directions disappear and nothing was downloaded. As you can see I don't know a whole lot about computer and terms (at least I didn't say the one thingee) but I can get by. I don't know what to try from here.

Hi Cindy & welcome.

Try using you refresh button a couple of times. Open you profile & refresh that page before uploading the pic. When you have finished, refresh again. Sometimes your browser reverts to that same page as history and your new pic is not part of it (for you to see) but those of us out here can,

Just a suggestion I have used and it worked so let us know. :kissy:

I know, it's weird. Dismal_Bliss (Bob) the administrator decided to use the gravatar service which generates avatars for those who haven't put up their own. The solution is to put up an avatar.

I know, it's weird. Dismal_Bliss (Bob) the administrator decided to use the gravatar service which generates avatars for those who haven't put up their own. The solution is to put up an avatar.

I thought the auto generated faces were cute. Others are taken aback by them. I could switch to the quilted patterns against, but I thought that was a little dull.

Windows Paint in Windows 7 versions can resize a photo to 125 pixels wide by 125 pixels high. You have to SAVE the resized photo to your hard drive somewhere. Then, using the Avatar / Photo section of the Control Panel, upload that newly resized and saved photo to your Control Panel. Once it is uploaded, you have to SELECT it with the radio button and then SAVE your changes. Once you have, click the logo in the masthead to return to the forums and your picture should appear in the masthead.

Once you've done that, you will see your uploaded pic in your posts.

(NOTE: Some of this visibility may be changing soon as we implement new security measures)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I don't mind the faces, but I can see why some may not like them. They are kind of weird, but not in a bad sort of way. It's just, different from before I guess, LOL! So I was sort of in favor of doing a poll to decide what kind of auto-generated avatar it should be.

I am among those 'taken aback' at seeing the avatar I was gifted. It looks like an angry wood tick !

However, I have trained hard not to panic or overreact to anything. I figured sooner-or-later I would get 'the rest of the story' (like with Paul Harvey).

Interestingly, my concerns were softened much when I could see that many others also received a strange looking face-figure, some of which were even worse than my angry wood tick.

I know what my personal avatar will be, just waiting to take the snap and get it uploaded.