JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Camera for the Kingdom Hall

6 hours ago, Karlo Esteban said:

How is the quality of the video? Does it not degrade because of the length of the USB extender? And may I know the extender you used?

Sent from my RMX1971 using Tapatalk

This week we are going to do the tests with the USB extender. But the test with the camera directly on the notebook is with good quality. But in order for us to be able to use the camera with the soundboard, we really need to this adapter.

6 hours ago, jayrtom said:

Shouldn't you put the camera further down? See example bellow. Yours is a little too much from above

My preference would be to have the camera lower and a straighter view of the speaker and stage. However, this was installed following the USLDC-3122-E KINGDOM HALL CONFERENCING – CAMERA EQUIPMENT AND FRAMING RECOMMENDATIONS instructions dated 11/3/21 posted by the US Branch, which suggests the relatively short camera mount in the ceiling and has a 3D mockup image titled Correct Camera Shot Framing that fairly closely matches the steep overhead angled view of the stage. The newer S-261 instructions show a heavily stylized view of the stage with straighter framing but the camera was already installed when these instructions were provided.

I realize that not everyone gets the same instructions. Also, we're in a very new Kingdom Hall built under the new LDC arrangement and have been trying to work closely with LDC on changes and upgrades. I'm also relatively new to some assignments and responsibilities and though I have strong opinions and preferences about certain things I'm learning to pay close attention and to follow direction and cooperate with arrangements when those are provided. Perhaps in the future others in the congregations, operating committee, and LDC will agree and will want to improve the quality and framing of the camera and I'll be more than happy to work on the upgrades.

8 hours ago, -Chris- said:

My preference would be to have the camera lower and a straighter view of the speaker and stage. However, this was installed following the USLDC-3122-E KINGDOM HALL CONFERENCING – CAMERA EQUIPMENT AND FRAMING RECOMMENDATIONS instructions dated 11/3/21 posted by the US Branch, which suggests the relatively short camera mount in the ceiling and has a 3D mockup image titled Correct Camera Shot Framing that fairly closely matches the steep overhead angled view of the stage. The newer S-261 instructions show a heavily stylized view of the stage with straighter framing but the camera was already installed when these instructions were provided.

I realize that not everyone gets the same instructions. Also, we're in a very new Kingdom Hall built under the new LDC arrangement and have been trying to work closely with LDC on changes and upgrades. I'm also relatively new to some assignments and responsibilities and though I have strong opinions and preferences about certain things I'm learning to pay close attention and to follow direction and cooperate with arrangements when those are provided. Perhaps in the future others in the congregations, operating committee, and LDC will agree and will want to improve the quality and framing of the camera and I'll be more than happy to work on the upgrades.

Yes, I agree- Having specific directions, it's better to follow them and not our preferences. 

We didn't receive those specif guidlines with the long name, just the s-261.

We found the old support we used when we had a projector and can adapt it to support the camera. It will be 50cm from the top and still won't be perfftly linedup with the speaker

Whatever the case the meetings from 1/Apr onwords are a go, go :)