JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

CD Watchtower library for Android 3.2

I ordered samsung galaxy tablet with Android 3.2.

How could I use CD library?

The installation instructions say it's for windows pocket PC 2003 or newest version

There exists the one speaking thoughtlessly as with the stabs of a sword, but the tongue of the wise ones is a healing. Because, pleasant sayings are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and a healing to the bones.(Proverbs 12:18,16:24)

You cannot install the WT Library from the CD Rom on an Android device. You need isilo reader and the isilo formatted Library files and then you can access the information contained in the library, but the program itself will not "run".

I found this http://www.isilo.com/ download version 6.05 What files format for WT CD?

101875=5581-ScreenHunter_12 May. 02 18.1

There exists the one speaking thoughtlessly as with the stabs of a sword, but the tongue of the wise ones is a healing. Because, pleasant sayings are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and a healing to the bones.(Proverbs 12:18,16:24)

You want to purchase the isilo version that is offered on the Android market, that way you will know that it works on your device. Go to the "play store" and do a search for "isilo". Remember, you still will not use ANY files from the CD Rom to install the library.

You want to purchase the isilo version that is offered on the Android market, that way you will know that it works on your device. Go to the "play store" and do a search for "isilo". Remember, you still will not use ANY files from the CD Rom to install the library.

It was on sale last week for just $14.00.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Thank you very much.:notworthy:

:scooter:I'll be back when the tablet is in my hand.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased the Isilo app from the "play store" android market and installed on my samsung galaxy android tablet. I also registered with expanse and also opened a box account and downloaded the four folders from the box website but I do not know how to access the WT library on my tablet. What do I need to do in order to be able to access the files. It is my first time to use any of these applications. Please help. Thanks

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

Once you start the isilo app - look on the top to the far right you will see a button called "Device" click on it.

Just below the 5 buttons is a white strip that will have information in it. You should see the word [Volumes]. If you don't - hit the back arrow on your tablet until you do.

Next there should be 2 options below that white strip - "Device Memory" and "sdcard" - click sdcard.

Now look for the Box folder and select it (at this point I like to mention - you won't have to do this every time we are going to make a shortcut/ favorite shortly)

Next you should see the email address you use on box - select it.

and you should see 2 more options here - "Theocratic" & WSM Projects" it is OK if you only see one. This has to do with what you downloaded from box. The folders here are the same as Box.

Select "Theocratic" and the "iSilo" and then you should see "English" or what ever language you use - DON'T just touch English. You want to do a LONG PRESS on English. This is how you make a favorite. So LONG PRESS English until an option window pops open. The options are 1 - "Enter Folder" and 2 - "Favorite Folder Alias" Select ""Favorite Folder Alias" It will automatically give it the name English - that's good. Press OK.

I find that sometimes you have to close iSilo to get it to recognize the new favorites. Some times you don't - Up on the top row where "device" is to the the left of it is "faves" Click it and see if "English"is in there now. If not close iSilo and reopen it and look again.

You won't need to do any of those steps again. Now all you have to do is select "English" in your "faves" folder from now on. You should see all the folders you navigated through on box. Let us know if you got this far and if you need any more help.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I purchased the Isilo app from the "play store" android market and installed on my samsung galaxy android tablet. I also registered with expanse and also opened a box account and downloaded the four folders from the box website but I do not know how to access the WT library on my tablet. What do I need to do in order to be able to access the files. It is my first time to use any of these applications. Please help. Thanks

What is "Expanse"?

You need these four files in the same folder on your Tablet or the SD card:

WTPub-EN-DX-2011.pdb

WTPub-EN-Full-2011.pdb

RBi8-E.pdb

NWT-Rbi8-E.pdb

Once these are on your device IN THE SAME folder. Open isilo, and browse to that folder and then "tap" of the file you want to open. The "DX" file is the Index and you can search for subjects with that and the links will take you to the main data file (Full) . Or open the "Full" file directly and then open the publication of your choice.

Following the instructions of Chuck files runs properly .

But what disappointment!!! Do not exist in Greek.

I bought the tablet for my wife who does not speak any English. (Not that I speak too, but anyway)

Chuck thanks again

I bought the tablet for my wife who does not speak any English. (Not that I speak too, but anyway)

Chuck thanks again

I know, I deal with non-English speaking friends everyday who are disappointed that we don't have isilo files in their language. All I can say is keep looking, we started with just English and Spanish and now have seven languages and we have heard about Russian files, but we don't have them yet. I'm sure there are Greek files out there somewhere. If and when we get them, I will let you know. Meanwhile, you should ask around your local area, you may find them.

Chuck thanks again

I know, I deal with non-English speaking friends everyday who are disappointed that we don't have isilo files in their language. All I can say is keep looking, we started with just English and Spanish and now have seven languages and we have heard about Russian files, but we don't have them yet. I'm sure there are Greek files out there somewhere. If and when we get them, I will let you know. Meanwhile, you should ask around your local area, you may find them.

I ask some hacker brothers here in Greece, but the same answer "If you found, say it to us"

One voice in my head (not like your voices) say:"Niko next year the slave make CD runs for Android"

Chuck how difficult is to convert Library to isilo files?

Thanks Jerry and Chuck for your suggestions. I will try them out on my tablet and let you know how I fare. "Expanse" was actually supposed to by "meekspace" but I think I did not notice when the spell checker changed the word!

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

Chuck how difficult is to convert Library to isilo files?

Very time consuming. A group of brothers get approval from the branch every year and then they each take a section of the Library and it takes them many months to complete the conversion. They also get the original "HTM" files from the branch which they do not give out to anybody else. Now, it may be a faster job for somebody to convert the isilo formatted files from one language to another, but I don't know how this is done. I'm sure it requires friends that are fluent in that particular language to do it, and it would still take a long time.

Hey Jerry,

What apps would you suggest that would be similar to "word document' for the tablet, in my case the ipad?

Can you get "Pages" for iPad? That would be the best.

I am using an Android tablet. I use MobiSystems OfficeSuite - picked it up for $5 - nice. I print using my HP wifi printer and a little app called "PrinterShare"

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Hey Jerry,

What apps would you suggest that would be similar to "word document' for the tablet, in my case the ipad?

Can you get "Pages" for iPad? That would be the best.

I am using an Android tablet. I use MobiSystems OfficeSuite - picked it up for $5 - nice. I print using my HP wifi printer and a little app called "PrinterShare"

thank you!-- I see it at the apps store for $9.99...crooks...:P

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

Once you start the isilo app - look on the top to the far right you will see a button called "Device" click on it.

Just below the 5 buttons is a white strip that will have information in it. You should see the word [Volumes]. If you don't - hit the back arrow on your tablet until you do.

Next there should be 2 options below that white strip - "Device Memory" and "sdcard" - click sdcard.

Now look for the Box folder and select it (at this point I like to mention - you won't have to do this every time we are going to make a shortcut/ favorite shortly)

Next you should see the email address you use on box - select it.

and you should see 2 more options here - "Theocratic" & WSM Projects" it is OK if you only see one. This has to do with what you downloaded from box. The folders here are the same as Box.

Select "Theocratic" and the "iSilo" and then you should see "English" or what ever language you use - DON'T just touch English. You want to do a LONG PRESS on English. This is how you make a favorite. So LONG PRESS English until an option window pops open. The options are 1 - "Enter Folder" and 2 - "Favorite Folder Alias" Select ""Favorite Folder Alias" It will automatically give it the name English - that's good. Press OK.

I find that sometimes you have to close iSilo to get it to recognize the new favorites. Some times you don't - Up on the top row where "device" is to the the left of it is "faves" Click it and see if "English"is in there now. If not close iSilo and reopen it and look again.

You won't need to do any of those steps again. Now all you have to do is select "English" in your "faves" folder from now on. You should see all the folders you navigated through on box. Let us know if you got this far and if you need any more help.

Hi Jerry, I managed to go through all the steps you mention above and finally managed to get the folder "English" in my "faves" folder. When I open this folder I noticed I only have two items in there: 1. Assembly & Conventions and 2. Ministry Aids. The Assembly & Conventions folder has nothing in it yet. So does that mean that I have to keep downloading items from box? How do I get the CD files to enable me get all the WT Library material? What step am I still missing out? Thanks in advance for all your help.

I'm not familiar with Jerry's method, it seemed more complicated then necessary, but then as I said, I don't use it, so maybe it's not.

The files you need for the WT Library are:

WTPub-EN-DX-2011.pdb

WTPub-EN-Full-2011.pdb

RBi8-E.pdb

NWT-Rbi8-E.pdb

And they are in the "Isilo/English/ Watchtower Library" folder on Box.net. You can download them to your computer first and then either put them on your SD card if your tablet uses one, or move them to the tablet using the USB cable. Either way, put them in the same folder as all other isilo files.

You can also download the free "Box app" from the Android market and use it to download the files directly to you tablet. I have never had much success using isilo to download files. But once the files are on your tablet, you will need to open isilo and browse to the folder that contains them and open the files from within isilo.

I'm not familiar with Jerry's method, it seemed more complicated then necessary, but then as I said, I don't use it, so maybe it's not.

WTPub-EN-DX-2011.pdb

WTPub-EN-Full-2011.pdb

RBi8-E.pdb

NWT-Rbi8-E.pdb

And they are in the "Isilo/English/ Watchtower Library" folder on Box.net. You can download them to your computer first and then either put them on your SD card if your tablet uses one, or move them to the tablet using the USB cable. Either way, put them in the same folder as all other isilo files.

You can also download the free "Box app" from the Android market and use it to download the files directly to you tablet. I have never had much success using isilo to download files. But once the files are on your tablet, you will need to open isilo and browse to the folder that contains them and open the files from within isilo.

Hi Chuck, I managed to download the files onto my tab. But when I open the folder having the documents, e.g. when i click on RBi8-E.pdb I get the message alert from my tab that no application exists to open file. I though Isilo should be able to open any document saved. Is there a step I am missing when trying to open the document in Isilo? Please help. Sorry to have to go on about this, but I really want to be able to access all the WTLib documents on my tab, and my husband wants me to install the same on his tab, but I first want to be able to use it comfortably myself before I install on his. Thanks

WTPub-EN-DX-2011.pdb

WTPub-EN-Full-2011.pdb

RBi8-E.pdb

NWT-Rbi8-E.pdb

Hi Chuck, I managed to download the files onto my tab. But when I open the folder having the documents, e.g. when i click on RBi8-E.pdb I get the message alert from my tab that no application exists to open file. I though Isilo should be able to open any document saved. Is there a step I am missing when trying to open the document in Isilo? Please help. Sorry to have to go on about this, but I really want to be able to access all the WTLib documents on my tab, and my husband wants me to install the same on his tab, but I first want to be able to use it comfortably myself before I install on his. Thanks

You must download in the folder isilo

WTPub-EN-DX-2011.pdb

WTPub-EN-Full-2011.pdb

RBi8-E.pdb

NWT-Rbi8-E.pdb

You must download in the folder isilo

Thanks Nikos. Let me try that will let you know how I fare.