JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Cauliflower Mac and Cheese (Gluten Free)

Over the years I perfected my own recipe for making gluten free cauliflower mac and cheese but I haven't written a formal recipe.  I did write up something to give to a few friends that tasted it at a hospitality gathering (pre-covid) but never fully made an official recipe as I don't measure when making it. Granted it's not exactly mac and cheese due to the fact it doesn't contain noodles however it is not bad.  I have actually come to prefer cauliflower mac and cheese.   

I later found this recipe and just tweak it to my own taste when in a pinch because it's faster to make.  It is a good substitute and has fewer ingredients.

https://www.ruled.me/cauliflower-mac-cheese/

TIP:  Since you would be using cauliflower florets you can use a hamburger chopper to chop the cauliflower down a bit. 

https://www.amazon.com/Chopper-Multifunctional-Resistant-Hamburger-Cookware/dp/B08JM5FJ7Y/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

Alternatively: I have started using frozen organic cauliflower riced so I don't have to chop it down to save time.  I get mine at Costco.  It come 5 or 6 bags to a package and it's not chopped up to small.

NOTE:  If you have your own favorite recipe for mac and cheese you should be able to use those ingredients and just use cauliflower instead of flour noodles.  Just tweak the above recipe to your own taste preference of spices,cheeses, etc.

Edited by lovjahupepl