JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Saturday, May 14 The one who has died has been acquitted from his sin.​—Rom. 6:7.

Saturday, May 14

The one who has died has been acquitted from his sin.—Rom. 6:7.

Jehovah promises that no one living under Christ’s rule will say: “I am sick.” (Isa. 33:24) Thus, those who are raised from the dead will be re-created with healthy bodies. However, they will not immediately be perfect. If they were, they might seem unfamiliar to their loved ones. It seems that all mankind will gradually grow to perfection during the Thousand Year Reign of Christ. It is only at the end of the thousand years that Jesus will hand the Kingdom back to his Father. Then the Kingdom will have accomplished its work completely, including the raising of mankind to a perfect state. (1 Cor. 15:24-28; Rev. 20:1-3) Imagine what it will be like to greet your loved ones again. Will the joy you feel make you laugh or cry? Will you fill the air with songs of praise to Jehovah? One thing is certain, you will feel intense love for your caring Father and his unselfish Son because of the wonderful gift of the resurrection. w20.08 16-17 ¶9-10

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Discussing this hope with each other can be beneficial.

I've a depressive view on it, my fleshly family who have died all had many opportunities to accept the truth and refused. I will not allow a false hope in my heart so harden my heart to have no hope of seeing them again. As for those I knew in the truth who died, since the living tend to drift away anyway why feel excited about their being resurrected to drift away too? I don't recommend my viewpoint.

I know another, not on this forum, for whom the resurrection is one of Jehovah's greatest gifts. They're eager to see their dead unbelieving family resurrected so they can learn the truth too. They delight that by means of this so many of our tears will be wiped away forever. By means of this so much of the mess up of our and families lives can actually be fixed, so many problems pains and sorrows no human can solve Jehovah will actually make right, only he can do that.

There is nothing this world or Satan can offer that comes or can come close to this marvelous hope, any sacrifice is worth it to see Jehovah bringing this about. By means of the Resurrection we'll see Jehovah's

Wisdom: only he knows how to do this

Power: only he can do this

Love: he's giving so much joy to others here because he's loving

Justice: his faithful one's will finally be able to do what they asked, to serve and love him forever; those who weren't his servants will finally get a full chance to make their lives right and serve and love Jehovah forever too.

Intellectually I know what they say is true, hearing them gets my heart stirred up too.

13 hours ago, Anniebea said:

Imagine what it will be like to greet your loved ones again. Will the joy you feel make you laugh or cry?

Both, I'd definitely say both.

Thanks for continuing to post these @Anniebea

• 2 months later...

Is there a new understanding on this scripture? 

Romans 6:7 reads: “For he who has died has been acquitted from his sin.”

I have a friend who is distressed because she says it used to always mean exactly what it says. She now is confused because she said that many will die and even those from the past will not be resurrected because they had a chance to come to know Jehovah and didn't accept it.

What scriptures support the correct view on this?

Thanks so much for a clarification.

Sally on behalf of Jackie

~We were sent to preach not to judge~ 

~Be kind to one another because all of us are suffering one way or another. This is our refuge from oppression~

:)