JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Video Lagging with JW Library

I have been having a problem with JW Library lagging randomly for songs, just the video, the audio doesn't lag at all. I have confirmed it has something to do with the video codec, since in Task Manager the video codec goes up to 100% and then drops and that is when it starts lagging. I have tried updating graphics drivers and installing different codecs. VLC works just fine with it since they use other codecs. I am just not sure how to reinstall codecs or fix the ones that aren't working. It could be just JW Library glitching, but I have tried reinstalling that too. Last option would be to just do a full reset of Windows.

• 1 month later...

I got the same but only with Windows 11.
After that I started using the Meeting media manager.
So same videos and songs works just fine outside JWL.
I have not searched if others have the same issue but it would be nice no know what operating system you have and version.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Seems that`s a performance problem of Akamai servers that Society is using for JW media hosting currently.

The problem is not depends of a client network speed, OS or hardware. I have faced this with Gigabit internet and different brothers faced with less internet speed and a different locations / operation systems. Interesting that probability of lagging is depending of a lenght of video.

I have discussed this with brother who is web dev and he have confirmed that that`s an issue on a server side.

The only solution at the moment is to download video locally first, it might take few second but there are no issues during Bible study or Family worship

• 1 month later...

Video Lagging Fixed

This lagging is happened to me because i have Nvidia Control Panel

At first JW app is not lagging. Then i tried to Optimized my Computer By settings up on Nvidia Control Panel.

Then the Lagging Started. its Been 3 months lagging. and i Mostly Visiting Website if i want to watch videos. 

so I tried to Reset to Default the Nvidia Control panel. then The result are:

Video Lagging Fixed

Hope this helps