JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Any recommendation for hair dyes for those with allergies

Hi dear friends, my close relative is allergic to hair dyes. Does anyone else have this kind of problem and what brands do you use to overcome this allergy? I thought organic hair dye might be a suitable alternative but these kinds are more expensive. I am also not quite sure if these so-called organic stuff are really what it purports to be. 

https://www.healthline.com/health/hair-dye-allergy

Hair coloring products contain many ingredients that can irritate the skin and cause allergic reactions. Most cases of allergic contact dermatitis stemming from exposure to hair dye are caused by an ingredient called paraphenylenediamine (PPD).

PPD is a chemical that’s also found in temporary tattoo ink, printer ink, and gasoline. In boxed hair dye, PPD usually comes in its own bottle, accompanied by an oxidizer

When both are mixed together, PPD becomes partially oxidized. This is when it’s likely to cause allergic reactions in people who are sensitive to it.

Treating an allergic reaction from hair dye

Hair dye ingredients that commonly cause reactions

Alternative hair dyes

If you want to avoid the widest range of allergens, one of the most natural types of hair dye to use is henna. Make sure that you use only pure henna as others often have PPD added.

Other choices can include indigo and vegetable-based dyes and semi-permanent dyes that have been certified by an independent laboratory to be free of chemical additives.

The problem is that Asians have naturally black hair or maybe we could choose a dark brown color. It is possible to add coffee to the henna, right?

https://beautymag.com/best-henna-hair-dyes/

The 10 Best Henna Hair Dyes in 2022

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.716290efc934eea091a17eb71823b1ff.png

Why Should You Use a Henna Dye vs. a Standard Dye?

Pure henna is considered the safest hair dye option available.

Also, synthetic hair dyes are known to cause damage to your hair. Professional hairdressers will often recommend special moisturizing treatments for color-treated hair for this reason. Henna, however, is a natural conditioner. Some users find that it can help thinning hair appear thicker and that it can condition hair, improving shine and strength.

The Color of the Henna Hair Dye

Henna leaf naturally pigments hair with a red tone, but some brands of henna come in different shades. This can be achieved by combining the henna with other herbs. For brown and black shades, henna can be combined with Indigofera, or “true indigo,” which is a blue-black pigment.

There is a process for making black hair with henna using Indigo. 
I advise going to hennasooq.com for more info. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

On 8/7/2022 at 9:14 PM, BLEmom said:

There is a process for making black hair with henna using Indigo. 
I advise going to hennasooq.com for more info. 

I agree.  Hennasooq.com is the best place to get pure ingredients without all the fillers/additives.  If you buy it from the wrong place it could be a problem so avoid buying unless the product is just henna or indigo as the ingredients.  Places like amazon.com has a lot of  products that may have other things in the ingredients that may damage or cause irritation for those with allergies so you really need to look at the ingredients.

Edited by lovjahupepl