JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Who says the Beast doesn't have a target on religion's back?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4342 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I just finished reading a news article that contained the following quote:

A course for U.S. military officers has been teaching that America’s enemy is Islam in general, not just terrorists, and suggesting that the country might ultimately have to obliterate the Islamic holy cities of Mecca and Medina without regard for civilian deaths...

Wall Street Journal

To me, this was an aha moment when it comes to how swift and mighty the Beast's campaign against false religion will be.

This make me think of Jesus' words at Matthew 24: 21-22:

"for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short."

It is truly an awe-inspiring time to be alive.

• 3 weeks later...

Bob,

I was just reading in Daniel, and I remembered this thread.

I know it's all speculation, but I don't see how Islam could be the next King of the North because the King of the North will still be around for the final assault on Jehovah's people. And the King of the North is destroyed at Armageddon. How could Islam still be around after the destruction of Babylon the Great?

The only way this would be possible is if the King of the North changes identities again.

Hhhhm. :readbible:

Has any previous King of The North been a religious entity?

Islam does not really know Jehovahs people exist . . they are so busy promoting their ideology and political aims (same thing) and a KING of the North should be an organization that remains after BTG is swept away as Bob bsays above.

How do these brother came up that idea? :S

Modesty is not something we can simply define in a way that suits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean.

We have been informed at length, the first which will go to abyss is Christiandom and not Islam. After Christiandom, all other religions face the same So destruction of great babylon starts with destruction of christiandom at first and then all others.

Agape

@Rajan,

Yes brother. What I was addressing here was the speculation that the next King of

the North may be Islam.

Some have thought that may be the case.

I was giving my scriptural reasoning as to why I don't think it is possible.

Lol. Agreed. I'm the speculating champion. :idea:

I don't know about that! :touche: I'm pretty good at it!! I might have to challenge you to a spectacular duel of speculation! Just kidding...I keep it to myself, mostly, but really, it's not so much speculating as 'keeping on the watch' and trying to fit all the pieces together.

Lol. Agreed. I'm the speculating champion. :idea:

I don't know about that! :touche: I'm pretty good at it!! I might have to challenge you to a spectacular duel of speculation! Just kidding...I keep it to myself, mostly, but really, it's not so much speculating as 'keeping on the watch' and trying to fit all the pieces together.

:boxing:

@Rajan,

Yes brother. What I was addressing here was the speculation that the next King of

the North may be Islam.

Some have thought that may be the case.

I was giving my scriptural reasoning as to why I don't think it is possible.

Yes brother. I too love speculations. Everytime I speculate that next month great tribulation starts.. So I have peace of mind. No tensions.

so I go on speculating everymonth.... it is going to be there next month...... so why worry now...:D

Thanks

Agape

Revelation calls Babylon "Mother" of all the harlots, correct? Christendom being the most offensive, the most powerful, corrupt etc. Incurring divine wrath first, and justly so.

Some say Islam was the attempt of early Church/Pope power structure (pulling the strings behind the scenes) to subjugate the Arab people (son's of Ishmael), as they weren't keen to accept western culture and obviously erroneous teachings as polytheism (trinity) and other pagan activities. Apparently this hold on Islam slipped away, hence Crusades began. (Pope wanted Jerusalem as Catholic holy city, settled for Vatican City)

Supposedly to this day the Vatican archives and somewhere in Mecca there are documents preserved that would expose this link and the whole story, obviously guarded to safeguard both religions from the truth about the world's 2 largest religious affiliations getting out.

Maybe this is true,maybe not, regardless from what we know from the scriptures Christendom is first.

I just finished reading a news article that contained the following quote:

A course for U.S. military officers has been teaching that America’s enemy is Islam in general, not just terrorists, and suggesting that the country might ultimately have to obliterate the Islamic holy cities of Mecca and Medina without regard for civilian deaths...

Wall Street Journal

To me, this was an aha moment when it comes to how swift and mighty the Beast's campaign against false religion will be.

This make me think of Jesus' words at Matthew 24: 21-22:

"for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short."

It is truly an awe-inspiring time to be alive.

The link isin't working... Is something wrong? Did it expire?

Micah,

The story is no longer available on the WSJ site.

Here is the story on another site:

US military course taught officers 'Islam is the enemy'.

These are excerpts of the course:

— "They hate everything you stand for and will never coexist with you, unless you submit."

— "Islam as it currently defines itself is an ideology rather than solely a religion with the normally associated protections we afford such beliefs."

— "It is therefore time for the United States to make our true intentions clear. This barbaric ideology will no longer be tolerated. Islam must change or we will facilitate its self-destruction."

— "The United States has come to accept that radical 'true Islam' is both a political and military enemy to free people throughout the world."

— Possible outcomes of an anti-Islam campaign: "Saudi Arabia threatened with starvation, Mecca and Medina destroyed, Islam reduced to cult status."

I just came across another article showing the additional classes such as these have been discovered: Another course discovered.

A quote from this article: "It is therefore time for the United States to make our true intentions clear. This barbaric ideology will no longer be tolerated. Islam must change or we will facilitate its self destruction.'"