JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library Crashes on Launch - Windows 11 Insider Preview 22H2

JW Library Crashes on Launch - Windows 11 Insider Preview 22H2

When JW Library launches, the second screen with the Year Text launches and the app instantly crashes.

The app is up to date in the Microsoft Store.

The device has been rebooted and the app has been "repaired".

I am running Windows 11 Insider Preview Version 22H2 (OS Build 22621.575) with JW Library App Version 13.2.45.0.

I suspect the issue may be due to the preview I am running.

Has anyone else encountered this behavior and found a fix (short of reverting back from Insider Preview)?

This behavior just started in the last couple of days; the app would eventually launch on Monday of this week.

Maybe I have to restore to before the last update.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue with W11 on my Surface Pro 7. JW Library crashes numerous times before it finally stays up. Searching for a solution brought me here. I don't have a solution as yet other than, as my brother puts it, "in the New World, we'll look back at today's computers and laugh in derision!"

I too have this issue with Win 11 preview 22H2. I may have found a work around. Try shutting off Wi-Fi and then about 15 - 20 seconds later, try to open JW Library. I have tried this successfully multiple times and it works for me. Please let me know if this works for you. 

Sam 

Go into settings > apps > installed apps 

For the JW Library app, select the ... menu > advanced options

Look down till you see "Reset". Select Repair.

I've done this on my desk top and surface with long term success. 

That doesn't mean sometimes it won't crash. You may need to reopen a couple of times.

I haven't found a better solution. And I really don't want to wipe my hard drive and start over.

Give it a try! It's an easy fix.

On 10/23/2022 at 12:03 PM, Matthew B said:

Go into settings > apps > installed apps 

For the JW Library app, select the ... menu > advanced options

Look down till you see "Reset". Select Repair.

I've done this on my desk top and surface with long term success. 

That doesn't mean sometimes it won't crash. You may need to reopen a couple of times.

I haven't found a better solution. And I really don't want to wipe my hard drive and start over.

Give it a try! It's an easy fix.

My sister-in-law's Windows 11 system is doing the same & so is mine. These steps provided is the only thing I'm seeing as a solution currently.

5 hours ago, Matthew B said:

I tried something else the other day as well. I created another user on my computer and JW library ran just fine. 

I haven't put the time into or tried restoring. 

I'm also wondering if the latest update is helping at all. 

I sure hope so!

Are you still on the Windows 11 22H2 Insider Preview or now on the 22H2 Proper? There have been so many updates since 22H2 was released.

1404255793_Windows22H2.thumb.jpg.2d1e498d8be4e4e29aeaa7e6f000ea1e.jpg