JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I knocked out a cold by putting a few drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide in one ear, then the other. It tickles a little while it fizzes, but it really worked. This is not for anyone with a perferated ear drum, however. I repeated 24 hours later when I thought the cold was trying to return. Anyway, Google it if you'd like to....there's lots of testimonies as to its effectiveness. And how inexpensive!

Use saline spray to rinse your nose and sinus cavities during the spring months to help with allergies. It also helps after a cold or flu so you don't get a sinus infection. Last May i was hospitalized with meningitis and they concluded that it was from a sinus infection, I had frequent sinus infections previously. My ENT wanted to do surgery but I told him to wait, it has now been 1 year and I have not had a single sinus infection. My self remedy - I rinse my nose out every morning and evening with simple saline solution now.

I knocked out a cold by putting a few drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide in one ear, then the other. It tickles a little while it fizzes, but it really worked. This is not for anyone with a perferated ear drum, however. I repeated 24 hours later when I thought the cold was trying to return. Anyway, Google it if you'd like to....there's lots of testimonies as to its effectiveness. And how inexpensive!

I do the same thing...a 92 year old brother told me that.

I put together my own skin care products from pharmacy items.... I use oatmeal soap to clean my face and body $1.00 a bar and Witch Hazel which is like $2.00 a bottle is my toner....100% organic coconut butter is my moisterizer for skin and hair $10.00 a tub just a small dab is all you need( a tub last a year) ... everyday I break open a vitamin E capsule and put that on my face and 1/4 cup oatmeal mixed with warm water for a facial...I am allergic to most skin care products. Very good and alot cheaper than skin care products . And drink alot of water.

And I love the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home 5 Really Big Miles DVD ...comes with a toner band but you can carry your own weights and do it....exercise is very important for your health....you can do 1 mile then work up to 5 miles...do more or less depending on your needs .

A good way to keep the cold or flu at bay is to eat plenty of Garlic.:laugh:

Mind you it will keep other people away also, but at least you will be healthy.

Reckon it works cause nobody with germs wants to get close to you???? :tongue:

I've never tried peroxide for colds. I'll have to remember that one. I usually just dose up on Emercen-c vitamin C drink.

For everything else I have a plethora of things my husband and I take when we have the finances

Arnica- good for healing, bruising any type of physical trauma

Wobenzym N- This one is good for everything from allergies to cancer to blood pressure to just about anything else you can think of. Our bodies run on enzymes essentially.This is made from bromelain which you can generally find in pineapple and another fruit. I'll give two of my personal experiences with this one. One was when I was travelling home from Connecticut last year I talked the whole 6hrs or so to the other person next to me on plane. By time I got back had lost my voice. I figured at first maybe because i was talking to much. Then few days still barely had voice and started having nose issues and coughing. I can't always tell if it is allergies or cold so I tried vit C thinking if it was cold it would go away. Still didn't so went to CVS minute clinic to get prescription for Allegra. I ve taken that a few times and that would knock out allergies or take away sypmtoms of cold. Didn't work even little bit. This is now about 10 days later. Took Wobenzym. Two days everything cleared up I was fine.

Other instance I either sprained or twisted ankle. Took bunch of this stuff every couple hours along with micro-current for one full day was able to put light weight on my ankle. Within a week was putting full weight on it no pain.

Hyauronic Acid- Fluid naturally occuring in joints and eyes. As we get older fluid diminishes. There is the kind you put under tongue let absorb and it helps with dry eyes and joint movement

Ashwaghanda- Good for nervous system support

digest gold- digestive enzymes, helps digest food faster. Yes will go to restroom more than once per day. Should in theory be going 2-3 times a day for healthy bowels

chia and or hemp seeds- Sources of protein and Omega 3s and 6s. And no funny feeling benefits from hemp seeds. Its not the plant, just the seed.

Microcurrent- Promotes deep muscle and tissue healing. It sends wavelenghts like our body run on to heal faster. You don't feel it like you do with a tens unit that sends electrical stimulation to muscles.

There is more, but I will add those later. I have to go for now