JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Canada opening the way for nurses to come

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 406 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This is interesting news. Canada is opening the way for trained and educated nurses around the world to enter and attend college of nursing, presuming to just get quick licensing?

Some of the countries mentioned were the US, New Zealand, Philippines, India, Australia and a couple of others mentioned. 

Edited by Woanders

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

Okay,but I'm not sure exactly why canada is pulling out skilled workers from other countries,a lot of Drs and Nrs in Nigeria are moving abroad.the Nigerian medical association estimates there is currently only 24,000 practicing Drs to server the current population of Nigeria which is over 213 million,a lot of hospitals have very few Drs that are seriously overworked without shifts,its really disturbing and causing even more Drs and Nrs to leave.

And Its not just Drs and Nrs but every skilled workers including classroom teachers.

I know the motivation is mostly the currency (dollars) but sometimes I wonder how easy life is for those moving over there,do they really get the good life they desire over there?

Personally,I live quite comfortable here in Nigeria so I don't really feel the need to move.

5 hours ago, Ishaya said:

I live quite comfortable here in Nigeria

Good for you, Brother Ishaya but worldly people think otherwise. Although the Canadians enjoy free excellent health service provided by the Government.

Edited by Imagine

I've been wondering,do these immigrant skilled workers get to have pension? are they provided accommodation by the Canadian governments or do they get to sort things out themselves? How good is their salary to enable them cope with the high cost of living in Canada?

@Imagine do you live in Canada?

3 hours ago, Ishaya said:

do you live in Canada?

No, I'm from a low income country in South East Asia. The nearby country Philippines is included in the list of countries that Canada has invited to apply for work in the nursing field. Philippines has almost 3 times the population of this small country and most Filipinos are from Christendom where else I live in a Muslim majority (about 64%) country. 

Edited by Imagine

14 hours ago, Imagine said:

No, I'm from a low income country in South East Asia. The nearby country Philippines is included in the list of countries that Canada has invited to apply for work in the nursing field. Philippines has almost 3 times the population of this small country and most Filipinos are from Christendom where else I live in a Muslim majority (about 64%) country. 

Okay its interest really,have you ever been a Muslim?

On 3/20/2023 at 2:01 AM, Imagine said:

Good for you, Brother Ishaya but worldly people think otherwise. Although the Canadians enjoy free excellent health service provided by the Government.

You know government makes all the difference.

Here in Nigeria,politicians  in government have the mentality of going abroad for everything;shopping,medical treatment, holiday,schools for their children etc so they give very little attention to developing the country despite being an oil producing country.If only this mentality can change I'm sure things will be much better.

1 hour ago, Ishaya said:

have you ever been a Muslim?

No. Here in this country, once a person is a Muslim, it really difficult to leave the religion. One would have to go to court in order to recant Islam and most times it would prove to be an exercise in futility

In May 2007, the Federal Court ruled that Muslims are not entitled to freedom of worship, even though such freedom is guaranteed by Malaysia's Constitution. By a two-to-one decision, the Court held that the secular courts have no jurisdiction over any Islamic matter even if non-Muslims are involved

2 hours ago, Imagine said:

No. Here in this country, once a person is a Muslim, it really difficult to leave the religion. One would have to go to court in order to recant Islam and most times it would prove to be an exercise in futility

Wow,its really such a pity for Muslims in such a place.to live everyday of your life with the full knowledge that you're trapped in a prison,nothing else can give me a sense of freedom in such a life.

I am so happy I found Jehovah,the God who will not force anyone to serve him but allows you to do it by choice and freedom,its so relieving living this life of peace with my Jehovah.

@ImagineSo how well do Doctors and Nurses earn in Malaysia? 

Here in Nigeria Doctors salaries is among the highest in civil service,I'm not sure for nurses though since nursing doesn't take as much time to study like medicine,medicine and surgery takes the highest number of years in university here in Nigeria.

Same as in Nigeria. Most of those in the nursing sector are part of the civil service so they are well paid and cared for. Also most of the nurses are Muslims and it is hard for non Muslims to get into the civil service. Even Malays have to pull strings to get into the government sector so it is common to see family members/relatives being absorbed into these highly favored job opportunities: life time employment (hardly anyone get sacked)  cushy jobs, plenty of perks, free medical care - dialysis, heart surgery, In vitro fertilization, liposuction  etc.- even for parents and minor children/those still studying)

Edited by Imagine