JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Vatican in Chaos After Butler Arrested for Leaks

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4349 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

during the last few days this story is always in the headlines here in Germany and is discussed everywhere in media (have posted here a link of ABC news due to english language))

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/vatican-chaos-butler-arrested-leaks-16438550

one more reason for the nations to eliminate false religion

i feel, reports like this are still quite often a top story in the news

I know many Catholics, and could imagine that this kind of thing can really cause them a lot of pain.

It seems like way back just before and during the Reformation, the invention of the printing press, with its

increased ability to disseminate news quickly, had a lot to do with the progress of that movement.

Now, with the internet, with its ability to pass on information with lightnening speed, what people used

to keep behind closed doors is effectively being "shouted from the rooftops" for billions to hear.

The Catholic hierarchy could have learned from history. You just can't do whatever you want and keep it from people anymore.

I really like how Time magazine phrases its intro to their new report:

‎"The most amazing fact to be revealed during the scandals roiling the Vatican in recent weeks is the

EXTENT to which things have been REVEALED at all.

The normally secretive institution has been

ROCKED by a SERIES of damaging disclosures,

giving the impression that it has LOST CONTROL of its public image."

The Vatican Scandals: What Did the Pope's Butler Know?

Am I the only one who thinks this could really be something major leading to the downfall of false religion?:hammer: