JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Favourite Gilead Talks?

My number one has to be “Journey with Jehovah” by Mark Noumair (140th Gilead Graduation - Part 1) 

The explanation he gives on Genesis 32:25, 26 touches me every time —

“Jacob held on tighter after he was hurt. The man is hurt and he clung tighter to Jehovah . . . Jehovah brought him to a spiritual place where he could never have reached on his own. At times, our blessings are disguised as trials, in order for us to be more useful to Jehovah, he may allow a series of events to unfold in our life. And the events could be painful. Perhaps, we receive counsel that hurts, our reputation is questioned, our spirit may be broken, our dignity pummelled. When the strongest instinct is to give up, hold on tight, cling to Jehovah no matter the hurt, learn the lesson of humility by keep moving forward. Fight for that reward, a future blessing that can only come from Jehovah.”

What’s your favourite one and why? 

“It’s not a matter of how much we know, but how much we love what we know.”

"Our blessings are disguised as trials."    That reminds me of a favorite expression;  "Bad news is good news".

Meaning: Let's say your employer won't give you time off for convention.  You take the day off anyway, knowing you will likely be fired on Monday for insubordination.  Bad news.

Now you're looking for a job and you find one you like better than the old one, and the pay is better.  Good news.

You would not have a better job today if you had not been fired from the old job because you would not have been out looking for a job.

Also love "Fight for that reward."  

• 1 month later...

I love this topic!!

143rd Giead Graduation “Who am I oh Jehovah?  by Patrick LaFrenca 

Ponder over His (Jehovah) awesomeness..

Who am I Jehovah that you’ve honored me making me one of your fellow workers despite my many flaws?

If we are looking down at others/ we can not be looking up at Jehovah!  

2 hours ago, truce said:

There's the one on Rizpah done by Mark Noumair a few years ago. I think 2017, not sure.

There's another one by Mark Noumair: Good To The Last Drop.

Also, James Cauthon always has something extraordinary.

Brother Cauthon   “ not your position but your disposition”

I can go on about Brother Mark!!!

What I like about Brother Noumair and Cauthon is: they always seem to pick one less prominent Bible character and just expand on it and reveal gems we would never have been able to decipher on our own. There's a talk one of them also gave about John Mark. I don't remember if it was Noumair or Cauthon that gave that talk. 

22 minutes ago, truce said:

There's a talk one of them also gave about John Mark. I don't remember if it was Noumair or Cauthon that gave that talk. 

I really enjoyed that talk. Wasn't it by Trent lippold ( The Under Rower.) He is one of my favorites speakers... 

I enjoyed brother Jesse Morris talk too... ( What will you be called) I think something like that.

Gilead talks Rock!!!!

Edited by Nelly Kim

8 hours ago, Nelly Kim said:

I really enjoyed that talk. Wasn't it by Trent lippold ( The Under Rower.) He is one of my favorites speakers... 

I enjoyed brother Jesse Morris talk too... ( What will you be called) I think something like that.

Gilead talks Rock!!!!

Yes indeed... Trent Lippold.... The Underrower

Mine is 143rd Gilead Graduation Talk by Gerrit Lösch about happiness 

Where he said "Don't be sad because rosebushes have thorns on them, rather be happy than some thornbushes have roses in them"

What I learned from it is that we can find happiness in some of our worst times and it can help us to get keep on serving Jehovah.