JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How frustrating is this life now?

This is not about the big things that cause us frustration, just a place to vent those unbelievable obtuse and complicated processes that used to work simply, not that long ago. 🙄

Here's mine to start off:

I was getting superfluous emails from an overseas company that I had used briefly, and now wanted to unsubscribe. The email had an unsubscribe link, which took me to the web page asking “Are you sure you want to unsubscribe?” And then you’re supposed to click the “unsubscribe me” button.  But it’s a dead link. It goes nowhere.

That's ok, I thought. I can just online chat and tell them to do it for me. Well, first I get the chatbot. Not helpful. Eventually, I get a staff member. “Oh, you need to fill out xxxx and yyyyy and zzzzz and sign up to a special website to get a ticket.  Ok, do that. Then they contact me after a day or two. “I’d just like to unsubscribe please”. They take another day and write “unsubscribe to the email only or push notifications or both or either?”  “All of them please”, I say.  By now I’ve lost patience am praying to Jehovah that I don’t lose it. It’s been a few days of too-ing and fro-ing.

Today, I got a generic email response:

“Dear Valued Customer,

We're in the midst of investigation and process on your request, please be informed that we will update you on the action taken as soon as we have an update to share.

We truly appreciate your patience and kind understanding and offer our warmest thanks as we strive towards solving your request.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.”

🙄🙄🙄

Just unsubscribe me already!!

And I’ll have to wait until Monday now since they are enjoying their weekend.

I have been a victim of security breaches that I had no control over this week. One was from our bank, and one was from my medical provider. Had to enroll in credit monitoring protection that they offered. I froze my credit about two years ago just as a precaution. There are lots of things in this system that are very frustrating. 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”