JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Dennis and Irina Christensen: Extended Interview - August 2023

Transcript for the following video....

TRANSCRIPT:

Dennis and Irina Christensen: Extended Interview

Dennis and Irina Christensen Extended Interview.pdf

This is the extended version of the interview that was first published as part of the Governing Body Update 2023 #5

Edited by Parale

Just finished watching it while I was doing letter writing. His love for the friends and his wife shines through the interview. It would not surprise me if we had this shown at the Kingdom Hall during a midweek meeting. 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

1 minute ago, DancesWithWife said:

Just finished watching it while I was doing letter writing. His love for the friends and his wife shines through the interview. It would not surprise me if we had this shown at the Kingdom Hall during a midweek meeting. 

We've already had 23% of the whole interview shown in KH's worldwide when we watch the Governing Body Update 2023 #5 the other month....

Remember we're also awaiting the extended interview with Negede Teklemariam, which we saw in the Governing Body Update 2023 #6

25 minutes ago, Parale said:

We've already had

I understand that. I'm just saying it is worth being shown at a midweek meeting. There were many excellent points that were made. 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

WOW!   I loved the irony that Dennis was in the detention facility for sharing his faith , and Irina found the detention facility a good place to get in her time witnessing to the other visitors.  Those brothers and sisters in Russia are not intimidated by men.

Looks like lots of interesting (and new?) points in the following interview published by the United Press International news agency, from earlier this week, including....

- He moved to Russia aged 27 in 2000, married his wife Irina in 2002, and is now 50.

- His two-year pretrial detention should've counted as time-and-a-half served.

- The reason for his probation was refused (a knife was 'found' in his cell)

- The reason, in June 2020, why the Russian courts reversed it's decision to commute his sentence (for wearing a T-shirt)

- In the prison camp his wife Irina was able to visit and stay with him for three days every third month. (The JW.org interview was a bit vague on this)

- Back in Denmark he resumed work as a carpenter in October after taking time to recuperate from his experience, which included attending therapy to help with post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms and to re-acclimatise himself to a normal life.

IMHO worth reading the whole interview....

Years in prison shed no light on why Russia is persecuting Jehovah's Witnesses

Thursday 14 September 2023, UPI

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2023/09/14/russia-jehovahs-witnesses-crackdown-prisoner/5951689299593/

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2023 at 9:02 PM, Parale said:

Transcript for the following video....

TRANSCRIPT:

This is the extended version of the interview that was first published as part of the Governing Body Update 2023 #5

We had him in our congregation in Denmark, telling his story. That was before it came available on jworg. Many of the friends you see are from neighbouring congregations and the first brother you see is an Elder and good friend from my congregation. He had invited Dennis to com and tell his story to us.

That was just so encouraging. He went in to more details than on jworg, such a blessing to hear him speak in his own language (Danish) which is always more from the heart.

What an example he is to all the friends in Russia and the region who face the same threads.

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3