JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

WorldNetDaily news article: Chariots in Red Sea: "Irrefutable evidence"

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4340 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

WorldNetDaily 2012-06-08: A news report that stunned the world nine years ago about the discovery of possible ancient chariot wheels at the bottom of the Red Sea is suddenly gaining fresh attention with new video claiming “irrefutable evidence” that corroborates the find. In June 2003, WND interviewed Bible enthusiasts who dove the waters of the Red Sea, alleging they found and photographed parts of chariots that may be the actual remains of the catastrophe brought upon the Egyptian army which pursued the Israelites, according to the Book of Exodus in the Bible. “I am 99.9 percent sure I picked up a chariot wheel,”... more »

http://article.wn.com/view/2012/06/08/Chariots_in_Red_Sea_Irrefutable_evidence/

I wouldnt put too much stock in what this 'news' site says.

The original story was published by WND.com at http://www.wnd.com/2012/06/chariots-in-red-sea-irrefutable-evidence/

The author of the article Joe Kovacs, is as the site says "author of the forthcoming book (out July 17), "The Divine Secret: The Awesome and Untold Truth About Your Phenomenal Destiny", as well as the No. 1 best-seller "Shocked by the Bible: The Most Astonishing Facts You've Never Been Told," " and as such is not a trustworthy source of news for true Christians. I am pretty sure that you will never find the Society quoting from him.

As soon as the author mentioned 'archaeologist' Ron Wyatt, who was not an archaeologist at all but rather a nurse-anesthetist who is infamous for his pseudo-archaeology such as finding Noah's Ark, Christ's 'blood', the site of the crucifixion, and other 'biblical finds', I knew that it had to be bunk.

Read more about Ron Wyatt here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Wyatt

I would be interested in whether there is some connection between the author and this Michael Rood, (a so-called Hebrew-roots teacher but who operates his own 'ministries') in which the author would receive payment for advertising the DVD that the article talks about.

Seems to be an hoax

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/c/chariot-wheels.htm

Egyptian Chariot Wheels Found at the Bottom of the Red Sea-Unproven!

Wyatt's focus on Nuweiba and his claims of finding chariot remains on the floor of the sea have brought other adventurers to the site but even Wyatt's supporters urge caution about their enthusiastic findings. Richard Rives, the president of Wyatt Archeological Research in Tennessee, told journalist Joe Kovacs, "All kinds of people are finding coral and calling it chariot parts." Wyatt's wife, Mary Nell, told Kovacs the same. She went diving with Wyatt at the Red Sea site and said that at first she thought everything was a chariot wheel.

The bottom line is that at this point all that seems to exist to support the claims of chariot parts on the bottom of the red sea are pictures, most of which are of coral formations. No documented artifacts have been retrieved and preserved from the site and now the Egyptian government prohibits bringing any findings to the surface to the questions may remain for a long time to come.