JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Is Yellowstone a good series?

People at work are addicted to this series. I’ve never watched an episode but always liked that kind of western type stuff. Is it a good series or like most of the stuff on tv not recommended for its bad content?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Cheeks said:

People at work are addicted to this series. I’ve never watched an episode but always liked that kind of western type stuff. Is it a good series or like most of the stuff on tv not recommended for its bad content?

I use Philippians 4:8 as a guide because I want the "God of peace" to be with me..There is so much excellent content in the way of videos and full length movies to watch in the JW Library app! The feature to listen to the entire Bible read is awsome..even Governing Body members share in the reading!🤗 

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

31 minutes ago, Cheeks said:

Is it a good series or like most of the stuff on tv not recommended for its bad content?

You will have to decide what you will watch and not watch. I use IMDB website as it has a parents guide telling you what the series content is. Do the people who are addicted to the show serve Jehovah? Their views are not in harmony with his. Here is the link to IMDB to see what the series would contain: Yellowstone (TV Series 2018– ) - Parents Guide - IMDb

In our home we start with the ratings. If we might be interested in the show, we do further research. The world has a rating system that does not match Jehovah's view, which should be ours. Another good site that could help you is Dove.org

In the 2004 Watchtower under the article Guard Against Deception, paragraph 12 made this statement

"Self-deception can easily ensnare us. The treacherous heart may rationalize away a serious personality flaw or make excuses for a grave sin. (1 Samuel 15:13-15, 20, 21) Our desperate heart may also look for ways to justify questionable conduct. Take, for example, the matter of entertainment. Some entertainment is wholesome and enjoyable. However, much of what this world offers—in movies and television programs and on Internet sites—is obscene and immoral. It is easy to convince ourselves that we can view seedy entertainment without any harm. Some even reason, “It does not bother my conscience, so what’s the problem?” But such individuals are ‘deceiving themselves with false reasoning.’—James 1:22."

Edited by DancesWithWife

Added extra comment with Watchtower quote

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

You will have to decide what you will watch and not watch. I use IMDB website as it has a parents guide telling you what the series content is. Do the people who are addicted to the show serve Jehovah? Their views are not in harmony with his. Here is the link to IMDB to see what the series would contain: Yellowstone (TV Series 2018– ) - Parents Guide - IMDb

In our home we start with the ratings. If we might be interested in the show, we do further research. The world has a rating system that does not match Jehovah's view, which should be ours. Another good site that could help you is Dove.org

In the 2004 Watchtower under the article Guard Against Deception, paragraph 12 made this statement

"Self-deception can easily ensnare us. The treacherous heart may rationalize away a serious personality flaw or make excuses for a grave sin. (1 Samuel 15:13-15, 20, 21) Our desperate heart may also look for ways to justify questionable conduct. Take, for example, the matter of entertainment. Some entertainment is wholesome and enjoyable. However, much of what this world offers—in movies and television programs and on Internet sites—is obscene and immoral. It is easy to convince ourselves that we can view seedy entertainment without any harm. Some even reason, “It does not bother my conscience, so what’s the problem?” But such individuals are ‘deceiving themselves with false reasoning.’—James 1:22."

That parents guide within IMDB is great! I never knew about that section - thanks for sharing! Def going to be my go-to when it comes to things to watch.

For me, although I like Kevin Costner, I will be passing on Yellowstone.