JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Best Adverts You Have Read

Mike047

A friend of mine lost his job and spent some time searching the local ads for vacancies. He had been a delivery man for a local company and spent a lot of time on the road. it gave him time to think about spiritual matters and more mundane things as well. One day he was given a cutting from a local paper which listed a number of vacancies. Another friend had corcled in red an advert for a driver, with very good pay, and listing a mobile number for first contact (nothing to do with Star Trek). 

He arranged an interview with the company and, at the agreed date and time, went along. This is roughly how the interview went -

Interviewer: "Pleased to meet you, we don't have many keen to take on this work"

Dave: "Thanks for the interview. I'm surprised that you don't have many interested in the work"

Interviewer: "Well most people aren't comfortable with the pressure"

Dave "Oh, I don't think it's a problem. I've been doing this for some time"

Interviewer: "Do you have your own equipment, or do you want us to supply it"

Dave "No. I've got my own gear. If there is any choice over the timing though, I prefer to do the work from 9 to 5, if possible"

Interviewer: "Oh, you won't be down there for more than 30 minutes at a time. More might be risky"

Dave: "It's not far to go then"?

Interviewer:  "Only just over 200 feet"

Dave (Getting a bit suspicious): "Why would I be driving two hundred feet"?

Interviewer: "Driving, who said anything about driving. You'll be diving two hundred feet to examine the coastal floor"

Dave: "I thought the job was for a driver"?

Interviewer: "You misread the advert it was for an experienced diver".

Needless to say he didn't get offered the job.