JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Restore backup option quit working

Hi friends, having an issue with my iPad mini 4 not letting me do a restore backup in the library app. It allows me to create one if I wanted to. No more options to go to the file where I  store my backups.  As a note, I always  create backups on my main study device (another iPad)  then restore those backups to my iPhone and the mini iPad I use for the ministry.  I have plenty of space on my mini 4 to handle the library app and it looks like because of its age, I’m only allowed to go up to software version 15.8.1.  The library works with 15 and up so I didn’t think that was an issue.  Anyone else had this problem? Just not sure why it would stop letting me do a restore.   Thanks for any advice or ideas.  
Charlene  

Oh my goodness!!  I came across a sisters YouTube video on how to restore the backup on the JW LIBRARY app, not from the app itself, which I had been trying to do  but from the file you saved it in.  In my case I saved the backup to One Drive, then followed her instructions and I was able to do my restore from there.  It worked!!   Maybe this will help someone else who wasn’t aware you could do a restore from the particular app you saved your backup in.  Haven’t tried it in Dropbox yet.  The sister was using Google drive for her backups but it definitely can be done with Android and Apple devices.  😬